none
OEM logon picture not displayed with remote desktop RRS feed

• Question

• We are going to display a custom .jpg as the Windows 7 logon background. This works great, unless you use remote desktop. With Remote Desktop all you get is a generic green background. I want to display my custom .jpg with remote desktop.
    Any ideas?
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 2:03 AM

Answers

• Hello,

This problem is by design. The logon background image cannot be display when using remote desktop.

Thomas77
    • Marked as answer by Novak Wu Wednesday, February 17, 2010 3:42 AM
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 8:18 AM

All replies

• Hello,

This problem is by design. The logon background image cannot be display when using remote desktop.

Thomas77
    • Marked as answer by Novak Wu Wednesday, February 17, 2010 3:42 AM
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 8:18 AM
  • Is this the same for Server 2008 R2?

And if Yes, is there a plan to change this behavior?

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 10:51 AM
  • Its the same for R2.

Strange that its by design, as it would be a nice feature to have.

Lets hope they'll enable it soon.

Monday, March 28, 2011 12:50 PM
  • Hi,

do you have any information, if there is an solution by now.

Bye

drcliff

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 4:38 PM
  • It's by design, to reduce traffic over your remote connection.

There is no 'solution' as such that i'm aware of

Thursday, October 6, 2011 12:27 AM
  • Anyone successfull in implementing a hack for this? I know it's by design because of the needs/requirements for using a RDP session but I think with the demand for feature rich remoting protocols this is no longer the case.

Does anyone know if this is also the case with RemoteFX?

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:35 PM
  • If anyone has worked this out I would be grateful.

I have a modified version of BGInfo running on the backgroung wallpaper for 2008 R2 consoles but no remote desktops :(

I'm quite happy to test any new ideas but i'm guessing it's part of the rdp client?

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 7:55 AM
  • No solution at the moment. Because the Background from RDP is coded into the dll.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 8:13 AM
  • Possibly fruitless, but are there any settings in Group Policy Editor that may override this?
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:58 PM
  • No solution at the moment. Because the Background from RDP is coded into the dll.

which dll?
    Monday, November 26, 2012 8:53 PM
  • Any news?
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:53 PM
  • Hi All,

Has anyone found the DLL that holds the colour information? I'm sure it's not authui.dll. Gone through the whole file on no reference to argb 100,58,110,165 which is the RGBa colour of the blue background. See this link on desktop colours.

Or even better, Microsoft, please fix this (in Server 2008 / Win 7) so we can create smooth corporate branding.

Thanks

W.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:56 PM
  • Hi Woter324,

I know it is quite old, but have you found the answer, I've looked in different DLL, Winlogon.exe and also authui.dll without any success. Have you find where the color is define ?

What I'd like to do is just to change the color, I do not need to havee a fancy background. I do not think that sending a blue/green color is using less bandwidth than send a red or a black background :-)

Life is short, Enjoy it now. Cyreli

Saturday, November 16, 2013 3:10 AM