none
Windows Media Player toolbar

Question

• With Windows Media Player 11 it was possible (when minimized) to show a toolbar in de taskbar and to show a little window on top of that, (video for example). That was a feature that I loved. I was able to listen to a concert, view it when I look to it and do a lot of other thing.

In Windows 7 we have the great new taskbar but I was not be able to found the WMP toolbar or that small window.
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 2:08 PM

Answers

• yeah i've noticed the same thing, the wmp toolbar was a nice feature that i used a lot, hopefully microsoft will put it in for the final version of win7
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 5:59 PM

All replies

• yeah i've noticed the same thing, the wmp toolbar was a nice feature that i used a lot, hopefully microsoft will put it in for the final version of win7
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 5:59 PM
  • I do miss the toolbar. The new quick launch is a cool idea, it just needs some sight improvements.

1. Full controls on the pop up when putting pointer over icon.

2. When active, extend icon to show, artist, song, album, etc... (shuffle)

Saturday, May 16, 2009 4:07 PM
  • I too miss the WMP toolbar, with the new one there is no volume control, repeat button or stop (only pause), and good luck seeing the name of the artist or what song is playing... Thumbs down on the new WMP!
    Saturday, May 16, 2009 4:48 PM
  • Well I prefer the new "Now Playing" lite version of WMP when you just double click files etc. But, it would be nice to see more controls to be implimented into the pop-up instead of just pause/play, rewind and fast-forward. The volume should be included there at least...
    Saturday, May 16, 2009 8:46 PM
  • Hmm...  I would say that Windows 7 has everything a high end gamer like me would need.

I love windows 7.. and no wmp toolbar is just something different from the previous os versions.. It does have the toolbar when u open the media player..
    Adding such a toolbar would add just another startup item. As you know, the more the startup items are, the more your system takes long to restart / reboot and perform slow during the usage.

its better to use the windows media player when needed. Theres no pain at all!
    theres no pain to doubleclick the application and get it working.
    windows 7 rules.. its the best os ever !!!

-------------------------╬----------------------
    Friday, July 10, 2009 8:30 PM
  • Haha, I agree with you Exodus :D (little late response :p)
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 11:58 AM
  • I agree with the poster.  The old toolbar was GREAT!!  This launchlist has promise... but is missing the AUDIO CONTROLS that the toolbar contained!!  If MS wont bring back the toolbar, then at least modify the launchlist to include the audio controls!!  They allow to skip forward and back... bring back the audio controls!!  WMP11 was awesome and 12 shows promise... but don't give up functionality!!  Bring back to the toolbar or modify the launchlist ((PLEASE)) <g>.
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 3:39 AM
  • I also agree with the poster. The new feature doesn't contain full controls, such as volume control which I used a lot in Vista. Also having to hover over the taskbar for the controls to become available might not seem much like a hazzle, but it slows down the operation. When the system is heavily stressed, hover functionality like this tend to become very slow.
    Friday, October 16, 2009 6:12 AM