none
PCI Serial Port and IPMI Drivers

Question

• I receive a message that the IPMI Interface drivers and the PCI Serial Port drivers are not installed. When I run trouble shoot it either says it has corrected the problem (it has not) or that no drivers can be installed. I have upgraded to 7 from Vista. I have an Intel 8280 chipset on a Gateway FX 530XV. Any suggestions?
    Monday, January 12, 2009 6:03 PM

Answers

• Have you tried to install the Vista Chipset drivers in Vista Compatibility Mode?
    ~Alex T.~ ~Windows Desktop Experience MVP~
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 8:36 PM

All replies

• Have you tried to install the Vista Chipset drivers in Vista Compatibility Mode?
    ~Alex T.~ ~Windows Desktop Experience MVP~
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 8:36 PM
  • Same issue here. Windows 7 Pro clean install, Gateway FX 530XT. Tried Gateway and Intel websites. No Joy.
    Saturday, November 07, 2009 3:33 AM
  • Same here.  I have the Gateway FX 530XT with a clean install - 7 Ultimate. 
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 4:02 PM
  • I have the same computer...I have looked and looked for 3 days. getting the drivers for this machine was a pain in the butt. Ive installed win7 on over a dozen machines now...and my own Gateway was the worst. But, I was able get all but one by using DriverMax...my favorite 3rd party driver software. Used to be 100% free, but now you have to pay...but you can get a 30 day lic. for $10...and you can do everything in that time...the only driver I still can't find is the IPMI Interface...I got the USB and teh PCIe drivers...I realize your post was old, and you probably won't read this reply...just wanted anyone to know it's March 2010 now, and the damn issue still exists! If there is an answer...I'd sure like to here where to fix this IPMI Interface driver issue.

I don't know if this could be part of the issue...but when I was running Vista (32 bit) I had upgraded my bios to the latest version...which is a version not supported by the 64 bit operating systems...I would need to roll back from the 285 bios to the 268 bios file...and it won't flash...and I don't want to reset my bios, because I don't know what that will do to my factory overclock settings, which I really don't want to mess with...I guess I could just write them all down. I don't know if that's why I can't find a driver that will install or not...and yes, I tried the Vista...I just get the error "this is not a Vista operating system...." ...and I can't install the VIIV technology update from intel either...I think this may be the file that has the driver...as it's the onlyone that won't install, and I am only missing one driver in the device manager, and DriverMax says I have all the latest versions of all my drivers.
    • Proposed as answer by trapazoyd Friday, April 16, 2010 5:07 AM
    Friday, March 12, 2010 4:52 AM
  • Thanks for the excellent tip, Donna. 

I had (have) this same problem since doing a clean install of Windows 7 Pro on my Gateway FX530XM.  DriverMax does indeed find the driver for the Serial PCI Port.  Interestingly, it was an earlier version of what I had installed.

If you do figure out how to resolve the IPMI Interface, I would greatly appreciate your help with this.  Others will too.  There are several other threads (including a couple of mine) telling tales of woe.

Friday, March 19, 2010 8:40 PM
  • I have an FX530XV with the same problem, and searched everywhere... then I found this... can't remember how I found it but here it is:

http://support.gateway.com/s/issues/2-2408499151.shtml

However, the file link is broken, so get it here: http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/getFile.asp?id=21158&dscr=Windows%20Vista%20Intel%2082566DM%20Gigabit%20Network%20Connection%20Driver&&uid=266064193&uid=266064197

Or just search D20050-001-001.exe on the Gateway support site and follow the directionson the first link.
    • Proposed as answer by trapazoyd Friday, April 16, 2010 5:07 AM
    Friday, April 16, 2010 5:07 AM
  • I had tried this early on in my search, in January, without success.  At your suggestion, I downloaded a new copy from Gateway and tried it on the IPMI interface device, which I still don't have a driver for.  Same result when looking in the downloaded cab: "Windows could not find driver software for your device".

Did this actually work for you?  If so, what did you do to get it to work?

Regards,

Sunday, April 18, 2010 8:46 PM
  • It actually worked for me... twice!

However, the second time I had to do it differently. The first time, I followed the directions as per Gateway, and it worked like a charm. That's when I posted my original response. But I ran into another issue when using Media Center and a TV card (I had tried other sorts of things to get it to work so it was probably conflicting with a botched previous attempt).

So in an attempt to fix the Media Center/TV card problem, I did a system restore to the point BEFORE any attempts at fixing both issues. After the Restore, the yellow flags showed up again on the IPMI and PCI in the Device Manager. I thought "Perfect, now I just need to update those drivers again..." I attempted to follow the Gateway instructions as before, but no luck. Didn't work. Claimed that it couldn't find the needed drivers.... What?!?!?! I just did it moments ago!

Thinking it through, I decided to run the setup program in the downloaded file (D20050-001-001.exe ) INSTEAD of using "Update Driver" on the PCI and IPMI drivers, just to see if they would install that way. Of course the install failed since I don't have the component for that install file (it just contains the drivers I need), and no luck on installing the drivers. However, the install process must have reset something on the system because I then re-attempted to update the drivers from the downloaded file per the Gateway instructions (Update Driver) and it worked like a charm, again! (And the Media Center/TV issue was fixed also!) Whew!

Hopefully this will fix it for you... Otherwise I don't know what else I did to make it happen. Let me know if this works for you... And if you can figure out how that worked!

Monday, April 19, 2010 3:22 PM
  • Thank you. SO much. I've been working all day trying to get this one-problem-after-another computer to work, and your solution has just helped me to fix the final issue. So it works on an FX530B after a clean install of Vista, and I will be doing it again when I get around to installing 7.
    Friday, May 25, 2012 3:25 AM
  • I had exactly the same issue with identical hardware ID's that were embedded on a Gateway Profile 6 main board.

The drivers can be found @ Intel's site on the link provided below. This cleared up both the IPMI and missing PCI driver for Windows 7 x64. The drivers included in the pack cover both x86 & X64 versions XP and up.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/10694/eng/intel-lan_iamt-prosetdx_msft_v10.2.zip&agr=N&ProductID=2530&DwnldId=10694&strOSs=All&OSFullName=All%20Operating%20Systems&lang=eng

Strangely enough the drivers are found in the Intel pro set Lan drivers pack.

Monday, November 12, 2012 2:21 PM