none
Doubt at SCCM 2012 SP2 and WSUS WS 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Community;

I have a doubt, and that is that I have been implementing a small laboratory of SCCM 2012 SP2 on Windows Server 2012 R2, Both SCCM and WSUS are located on separate servers.

In SCCM I have created a site (WSUS server) and configured the role software update point.

In site configuration i only have a primary site, so the SUP has the following configuration of sync.

All good so far, the detail is that when I go to the WSUS and I go to the Update Source and Proxy Server option, it changes and tries to update itself.

If I change it to update directly from Microsoft Update, this again changes back to the second option.

I have not configured any GPO so far so the installation is clean, I also have this "problem" in production with a client. Do you think you can give me a hand with this problem?

Celso Javier Guzmán Díaz
    Blog Tecnico: https://elcegu.wordpress.com

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 9:22 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

Thanks for posting in TechNet.

It is recommended that the software update point site system role must be created on a server that has WSUS installed. Here is the article we could refer to:
    Install and configure a software update point

If so, we could check if the sync settings is synchronize from Microsoft Update of software update point component properties. Here is the screenshot:

If it is set, we could need to change the settings in SUP, not in WSUS.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Amanda You

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 2:27 AM
  • For the scenario where SCCM and WSUS are on separate servers, what would be the appropriate configuration?

Celso Javier Guzmán Díaz

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 5:59 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Do we mean SUP role and WSUS are installed in the separate servers? If so, we could not follow this configuration, and it is not supported to install the software update point site system role on a server that has been configured and used as a standalone WSUS server or using a software update point to directly manage WSUS clients.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Amanda You

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 18, 2020 7:45 AM
  • Hi,

May we know the current status of the question? If there is any other assistance we can provide, please feel free to let us know, we will do our best to help you.

Best regards,
    Amanda You

Monday, June 22, 2020 2:04 AM
  • I already solved the problem but use other sources.

Thank you so much.

Celso Javier Guzmán Díaz

Monday, June 22, 2020 3:20 PM