none
flash drive RRS feed

• Question

• Hi experts

I inserted my flash drive to my office laptop one week back and i did not know that i am not suppose to. I need to clear those logs of my flash drive. Please guide me
    Friday, February 3, 2017 7:51 AM

Answers

• Hi Risingflight,

To help you better, please tell us more information about it. If you want to format the drive. We could follow the steps below.

Right click on you flash drive

Click on format

Click on quick Format

Click on start.

If you want to delete the trace about you install the drive, it always related to the company group policy. It could be controlled by IT.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Risingflight Friday, January 4, 2019 5:49 PM
    Monday, February 6, 2017 5:02 AM
  • Hi Risingflight,

Every time you connect a USB to your computer, it creates registry entries and leaves traces behind. We could clear the registry information. Please refer to the link below.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/usboblivion-remove-usb-traces-windows

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 8:31 AM

All replies

• Care to be more specific?

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Friday, February 3, 2017 11:53 AM
  • Hi Risingflight,

To help you better, please tell us more information about it. If you want to format the drive. We could follow the steps below.

Right click on you flash drive

Click on format

Click on quick Format

Click on start.

If you want to delete the trace about you install the drive, it always related to the company group policy. It could be controlled by IT.

• Marked as answer by Risingflight Friday, January 4, 2019 5:49 PM
    Monday, February 6, 2017 5:02 AM
  • I want to clear all logs related to  flash drive from my Windows 7 OS. During any scanning or auditing i dont want any kind of logs to be traced.

Monday, February 6, 2017 7:11 AM
  • Hi Risingflight,

Every time you connect a USB to your computer, it creates registry entries and leaves traces behind. We could clear the registry information. Please refer to the link below.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/usboblivion-remove-usb-traces-windows

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 8:31 AM
  • Hi Risingflight,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

Friday, February 17, 2017 8:38 AM
  • Hi Risingflight,

Any update?

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 8:22 AM