none
regarding windows 10 spotlight RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have strange question is I have windows 10 Pro (1909) and Office 365 Pro was installed on it. When I active my Office 365 Pro by using Office 365 account, my windows 10 spotlight cannot work properly. it always shows me the same image. I follow lots of workarounds on the internet, those cannot sort it out. My Office 365 is E5 and doesn't setup any group policy, I use the default function and settings. I have no idea on it. Does anyone have solutions for it?

WILL

Hi there, if you found my comment very helpful then please | Propose as answer | . Thanks and Regards.

Saturday, December 7, 2019 6:09 PM

All replies

• Hello,

What account you're using on Windows 10 (not on Office 365)? If it is Microsoft account which is actually Office 365 email ID, try changing email address to Microsoft email ID (for example [at]outlook.com). See if that helps. 

If issue still persists, re-register Windows Spotlight:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-re-register-windows-spotlight-in-windows-10

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Sunday, December 8, 2019 1:48 PM
  • Hi,

You could use this fix from the tenforum to reset & re-register Spotlight:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/82156-reset-re-register-windows-spotlight-windows-10-a.html

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Hope above information can help you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 9, 2019 3:15 AM
  • hi Farena,

this workaround cannot work.

Hi there, if you found my comment very helpful then please | Propose as answer | . Thanks and Regards.

Monday, December 9, 2019 6:37 AM
  • Hi,

• What account you're using on Windows 10 (not on Office 365)? :: account of outlook.com :: xxxxx@outlook.com
    • For Office 365 account will just be used as a email account when I receive mails by Outlook
    • Re-Register this method cannot work properly.

Thanks Kapil

Monday, December 9, 2019 6:39 AM
    • What account you're using on Windows 10 (not on Office 365)? :: account of outlook.com :: xxxxx@outlook.com

Okay, have you tried changing email account? Or tried switching to local account?

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Monday, December 9, 2019 10:22 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue solved?

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 8:32 AM
  • Hi Farena, Sure. Solved. We just only have one account in the system. If we have outlook and office 365 account in the system, the spotlight cannot work properly

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 8:43 AM
  • Hi,

Glad to hear that you have found a solution and thank you for sharing it here, it will be helpful to other community members who have same questions.

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 9:04 AM