none
Image frezzes after shuting down screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, after shuting down screen (by button, or diconeting cable directly) Windows still runs all the process, but if I try to acces it remote (via team viewer or also remote Windows desktop) I can't do anything, it is like Windows desktop is frozen.

Have Windows 10 pro with all updates. 

thank you

Saturday, May 16, 2020 7:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We are not recommend to shut down through Power button or even through cable directly. It could be only used when Windows is frozen, as it will close all running process and threads without provide any notification and prepare time to system. This action will cause data loses and even system corruption. We recommend to use shutdown button through Start--power button--shutdown (3 steps shutdown) to shutdown your system. As system will use the last time to prepare shutdown, save your data, close threads, so it will caused a longer time than physical power button shutdown, but it is mild rather than rude. 

We also could configure 3 steps shutdown through Control Panel\Power options\Choose what a power button does. 

If my information is useful for you, please mark it as answer.

Bests,

" Please note that new questions regarding ‘Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment’ could NOT be posted in this forum anymore. This thread could be followed up until Mar-30th. We will be moving your thread to Microsoft Q&A if the deadline is missed. Register our new platform Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! for new questions or discussion. Check more details on sticky post.

Monday, May 18, 2020 2:56 AM
  • Hi, 

Any update?

Was your issue resolved?

If my information is useful for you, please mark it as answer. 

Bests, 

" Please note that new questions regarding ‘Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment’ could NOT be posted in this forum anymore. This thread could be followed up until Mar-30th. We will be moving your thread to Microsoft Q&A if the deadline is missed. Register our new platform Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! for new questions or discussion. Check more details on sticky post.

Thursday, May 21, 2020 3:36 AM
  • Hi, sorry i had to travel, an could not join this fórum for a while. I'm not saying I shut down computer, I only shut down the screen. keep computer running so maybe I didn't explained it well. 

Thank you .

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 1:48 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your reply. 

Do you mean after turn off monitor, remote server will be stuck. But turn on monitor will not encounter same issue, right?

Please check if any process running when RDP to this client. Try to check CPU usage and memory usage in Task Manager when using RDP. Also try to turn off antivirus software and firewall temporarily to check it again.

As you are on travel now, please reply to as if you are convenient. 

Bests, 

Wednesday, May 27, 2020 8:14 AM
  • Hi Joy-Qiao, thank you for helping me with that.

Let me show you a video I’ve done about what exactly happens.

https://youtu.be/sAMBznwiz0s

From 00:00 to 01:41 it is me showing with a youtube video how images freezes when I turn off monitor. I use team viewer with another PC to check it, turning on and off monitor.

From 01:41 to the end of the video, I exactly do the same but not in the  native Windows, I do the same test but in a Virtual Machine, also with team viewer.

My conclusion is that my computer keeps running all process when i turn off monitor, but for some reason it freezes image , and I can’t use it remotely with monitor off.....

Best regards!

Friday, May 29, 2020 8:03 AM
  • what happens when you use Remote Desktop instead of TeamViewer?
    Friday, May 29, 2020 4:48 PM
  • Exactly the same, I think it doesn't have any relation with remote or team viewer, it is something that it happens in any case I turn down the monitor, so i can't leave running any process that requires image processing… because it stops. 
    Monday, June 1, 2020 7:52 AM
  • what device is this?
    Is this a normal computer with external montior?
    Or a laptop with connected standby support connected to a monitor?

Monday, June 1, 2020 8:30 AM
  • Normal computer with external monitor. i should say i think it happens for any Windows update or something, coz 1 year ago it goes well, idk why it hapens now...
    • Edited by Estevebc Monday, June 1, 2020 9:43 AM
    Monday, June 1, 2020 9:42 AM
  • It is a normal computer with external monitor. 
    Monday, June 1, 2020 10:36 AM
  • monitor Have you tried replacing the power cable?

Best Regards.

SD

Monday, June 1, 2020 12:30 PM
  • Yes i tried, power and hdmi/usb c cable
    Saturday, June 6, 2020 8:41 AM