none
Windows 8 upgrading to pro from standard/single language edition pricing, whats your thought on this RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi All

Being in the Tech industry and working day to day life of users issue i have noticed that, even though uncommon, i would need to upgrade from windows 8/8.1 to Pro, and my clients, with this general question, Why is it so expensive if i already got windows 8, shouldnt it have most of the features and now we just buying the addons? Basic response is yes they are right but you're actually purchasing a WHOLE key and not a partial key from MS. But it does leave a section of question, why should i spend $118 - 140 to upgrade to Pro when most of the features are already built in?

Shouldnt microsoft upgrade the key and just install the missing features at a lower price ? e.g if single licensing is $90 and pro is $110, they charge u $20 instead of $110. I understand it about money and such, but i believe more people would upgrade to pro easier if the price was adjusted like that instead of it current strategic plan of a full price of Pro just to gain some basic features like Domain ability.

Whats your thoughts? 

Lee Snr Systems Adminstrator

Thursday, May 29, 2014 9:52 AM

All replies