none
WSUS Error 13032 & 10032 RRS feed

• Question

• Using SCCM current branch with Software update point.  This appears to be working as intended.  However on the Software Update Server WSUS is giving errors that say the server is failing to download some update as well as Many client computer have not reported back to the server in the last 30 days.  I have synced the server and it says its fine.  If I pull up the WSUS console it says no updates are pending. I have restarted the BITS and checked to see if it has any pending downloads and its clean.  Any direction is greatly appreciated. 

Monday, September 9, 2019 8:28 PM

All replies

• If I pull up the WSUS console it says no updates are pending.

This is irrelevant. When integrated into ConfigMgr, clients do not report any information back to WSUS (by default) and so what's in the WSUS console doesn't matter.

Many client computer have not reported back to the server in the last 30 days.

What server? As noted, what's in WSUS is irrelevant and not used by ConfigMgr at all so if you mean in WSUS, then that is not indicative of anything of value.

> I have restarted the BITS and checked to see if it has any pending downloads and its clean.

Nearly the same answer. When integrated with ConfigMgr, WSUS is not responsible for downloading update binaries or files so this doesn't matter either.

on the Software Update Server WSUS is giving errors that say the server is failing to download

You need to provide the entire relevant portions of the log file showing your errors otherwise we are just guessing as to what's going on. Please don't just provide the errors as out of context log lines, errors or not, are more or less useless for troubleshooting purposes.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Monday, September 9, 2019 9:42 PM
  • Hi,

First, if you have SCCM with SUP, you don't need to access the WSUS console to manage it.

In the site server, check the wsyncmgr.log & WCM.log log files located in "SCCM Install directory\Microsoft Configuration Manager\Logs" if there is any error message.

If you have an issue in the client, check WUAHandler.log and UpdatesDeployment.log files in the CCM\Logs folder.

Regards,

SAAD Youssef

______

Please remember to mark the replies as answer if they help, thank you!

Monday, September 9, 2019 9:45 PM
  • The only error that the wsus server says is the server is failing to download some updates.

Event ID 10032 It also gives the other error stating many clients have not reported back to the server in the last 90 days. 

This is showing up in the eventlog on the server that has the Software update point installed on it. 

• Edited by kellard Tuesday, September 10, 2019 12:53 PM
    Tuesday, September 10, 2019 12:22 PM
  • In the site server, check the wsyncmgr.log & WCM.log log files located in "SCCM Install directory\Microsoft Configuration Manager\Logs" if there is any error message.

I have looked at these and they appear fine.  As far as I can tell the Software Update Point is getting updates.  But cannot figure out why the software update point is saying that it cant download updates.  Any more ideas or places to look. 

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 1:00 PM
  • First try to find out error on SCCM logs (which are easy to troubleshoot), if nothing found then look on event logs for further troubleshooting.

Is the last SUP sync is succeeded ? Do you see any error on WSUS_Sync_manager under monitoring - Component status?

Have you tried to download any update from SCCM console ? And check patchdownloder.log for any error

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 1:28 PM
  • First, paraphrasing error messages is not helpful for troubleshooting. Please post the entire message and relevant information about it.

Next, as noted, what's in WSUS concerning clients is irrelevant and not used by ConfigMgr.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 3:13 PM