none
Automating Ease-of-Access Settings RRS feed

• Question

• I'll admit, this one has me stumped and I'm looking for ideas. I work for a university and have received a request from our Student's with Disabilities Center to automatically apply ease-of-access settings for a visually impaired student. These settings need to roam with the student regardless of which computer they log onto (we have nearly 4,000 student lab computers).

My initial thought was to use Group Policy to apply the settings to the user's object in AD, but I cannot find any settings in GP related to accessibility (I hope I'm just missing them and someone here can correct me). I next turned to SCCM and found nothing. I then thought of a logon/PowerShell script, but I'm not sure how to set those options or if they can be set with a script. My last thought which I don't like is to use a roaming profile for the student that contains the settings (I cannot emphasize how much I dislike this idea as I despise roaming profiles and have no infrastructure to support them). 

I'm hoping someone here has a good idea that I can use or possibly a third party tool that I can implement that could get this achieved. Thanks in advance for the help.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 1:29 PM

All replies