none
Outlook Scheduling Assistant Quits Working When Selecting Contacts from an Address Book

Question

• Since myself and everyone here at our company ran the update for Office 365 on 3/5/2018 we noticed that the scheduling assistant just shows grey bars for an invitees and we cannot see when the people are available to meet. When mousing over the grey bars it just says "We're checking everyone's calendar..." but it never populates. This was a widespread issue immediately after the update, I had many people come talk to me that day.

I found that if you open the address book and select someone you want to invite or you allow the auto-fill feature to populate the name, you'll get the grey bar. However, if you manually type of the person's email you want to invite and do not allow auto-fill to populate the To: field, the scheduling assistant works flawlessly.

I wanted to post this here in case anyone else was experiencing this issue and like me, couldn't find anything online about it. Hopefully, the next update reverts this issue.

Thursday, March 08, 2018 1:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For Outlook issue, I suggest discussing it in our Windows Office forum. They are the best resource to troubleshoot this issue.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?category=officeitpro

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by EckiS Friday, March 09, 2018 6:54 AM
    Friday, March 09, 2018 3:10 AM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem?  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 19, 2018 5:30 AM
  • No, issue is not resolved. It's a confirmed bug in outlook when utilizing Google Apps Sync. Just waiting for a fix now.
    Monday, May 07, 2018 5:07 PM