none
Can I install 32 bits vista on 64 bits PC or Laptops and 64 bita vista on 32 bits machine? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

Pls help me, can I install 32 bits vista on 64 bits PC or Laptop?

And also want to know about 64 bits OS can install on 32 bits machine?
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 2:16 AM

Answers

• Pls help me, can I install 32 bits vista on 64 bits PC or Laptop?

Yes.
    PCs and laptops with AMD or Intel processors, supporting the x86-64 instruction set (commonly referred to as 64bit machines) are perfectly capable of running 32bit Operating Systems. These processors were designed this way for backward compatibility reasons.

No.
    If you want to benefit from a 64bit Operating System, you will need a 64bit capable processor.
    To check whether your processor supports 64bit processing, you can use the SecurAble application in your current installation.

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Tuesday, May 26, 2009 9:41 AM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 5:23 AM

All replies

• Pls help me, can I install 32 bits vista on 64 bits PC or Laptop?

Yes.
    PCs and laptops with AMD or Intel processors, supporting the x86-64 instruction set (commonly referred to as 64bit machines) are perfectly capable of running 32bit Operating Systems. These processors were designed this way for backward compatibility reasons.

No.
    If you want to benefit from a 64bit Operating System, you will need a 64bit capable processor.
    To check whether your processor supports 64bit processing, you can use the SecurAble application in your current installation.

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Tuesday, May 26, 2009 9:41 AM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 5:23 AM
  • Hi Sander,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Now I feel clear about the two's difference.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 5:54 AM