none
System Login RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

We have run into an odd issue that when a Windows 7 system restarts it will take hours to login.  After removing all third party applications the system still exhibits the same issue.  The user will login however the welcome screen will spin for hours

In addition the majority of the services are not started but as soon as the user logins the services begin to start.

This started several weeks ago on 2 or 3 computers that are Windows 7 64 bit.

Has anyone run into anything like this?

Thank You

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 12:11 PM

All replies

• Did you see some information in your logon screen?And did you see the event log?

As for your information,more than one computer happened this phenomenon,did you have an update or install some applications recently?

Here I support you a method,but if is doesnt work,I need more information.

1. Restart the machine in Safe Mode with Networking to check whether the system can logon quicker.
    2. Type gpedit.msc in Search box and press Enter.Navige to the following location:

Computer configuration->Administration Templates->System->Logon

Please double click Always wait for the network at computer startup and logonpolicy and disable it.

1. Perform a Clean Boot to check the result.(Clean Boot is in the website https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows)

You can provide me with more information to troubleshoot it.If you have more needs,you can download Windows Performance Toolkit in the Microsoft's office website.

Best regards,

Charlotte Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 7:30 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

Best regards,

Charlotte Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 7:52 AM