none
Keyboard not working (On login screen!) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have a customer with a brand new PC with 8.1

It was running fine for a few days - then they called me to say they could not login...

I logged in remotely and saw that the on-screen keyboard was on the screen at the login stage.

I was able to login remotely as I was not using the physical keyboard.

I Googled the issue and found a fair few similar issues.

I found that if the user, a) turned off the on-screen keyboard & b) clicked the Accessibility icon and then turned off the options in there (Sticky Keys, Toggle Keys and  Filter Keys) the physical keyboard then started working...

So that seemed to fix it.

The other discussions I read seemed to suggest the fix for the issue is to go into Control panel >> Ease of Access & turning these things of permanently...

So I did that, but on reboot, they revert back and the user cannot login back in & is forced to follow my instructions on closing the on-screen keyboard, turning off the Accessibility options, so they can then login each time they turn their computer on - most inconvenient!.

It is very frustrating and would very much appreciate if anyone has a solution...

Thanks, Dave
    Friday, May 9, 2014 12:18 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you made changes on All Control Panel Items\Ease of Access Center\Change sign-in settings?

And have the customer made any changes recently which might cause this issue?

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 12, 2014 2:41 AM