none
How to insert a picture in the "Other Account" Login Screen RRS feed

• Question

• I have a domain workstation that has two user accounts. I was able to insert a picture for each of them, but I'd like to have a picture (company logo) displayed when a user, different from the previous one, clicks "Other User". Currently that only shows that ridiculous scribble. Is there any way to do that (e.g. via "secpol", or some other secret method)???

Capt. Dinosaur

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 6:28 PM

Answers

• Not sure if it'll work for other user, but try if you can locate the image and change it :

%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\user.bmp

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Capt. Dinosaur Friday, February 12, 2016 12:11 PM
    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 12:04 AM

All replies

• Not sure if it'll work for other user, but try if you can locate the image and change it :

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Capt. Dinosaur Friday, February 12, 2016 12:11 PM
    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 12:04 AM

Hi Arnav, and thanks for the reply.  I followed your path and found a bunch of those silly outline pics in various sizes, names and file extensions, so I replace all of them and that worked.  I now have the company logo instead of that silly outline thing, so thank you for that.

However, while that fixed what I asked for, it still isn't what I'd like to have.  Last year when I was upgrading my daughter's law office computers to Win 10, I somehow succeeded (without actually intending to) it having the names (and pics) of all the users displayed in the lower left corner of the login screen (instead of just the last user to log on and "Other User" as I have now).  I've looked everywhere I could think of to change that, but have come up empty; found nothing in "secpol.msc" that worked.  I'm obviously missing something, but don't know what nor where to find it.

I'd be very grateful if you (or anyone) can point me to the setting(s) that will accomplish that.

Capt. Dinosaur

Friday, February 12, 2016 12:11 PM