none
BSOD after XP Service Pack 3 Install RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed Windows XP Service Pack 3.  After the reboot, I get the following BSOD:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer.  If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space.  If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates.  Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates.  Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.  If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP:  0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x805704F5, 0xBA56AB68, 0x00000000)

I am unable to reboot into Safe Mode.  Every reboot results in a BSOD.

Please help.

Thank you,

James
    Saturday, September 20, 2008 9:38 PM

All replies

• Evening James

First question(s) did you have CA, Trend micro, KAV, Nis running before installing Sp3?

How did you installing Sp3 from your adminstrator account? or did you install from the computer adminstrator account?

support.microsoft.com/ph/1173

Each manual for the motherboard is different so I cannot be of assistance on how to set to boot from CD.

boot your compuer from the cd drive using your sp2 disk

go to your recovery console.

Once you have the >_ prompt type this and press enter

"batch C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\spuninst\spuninst.txt"

Let your system continue until completion.

What motherboard are you using? Each manufactor has different issues

Using the latest bios?

Tried removing one stick of memory at a time?

What size power suplpy are you using?

Updated drivers for wireless,chipset, video card, prior to installing Sp3?

click on start, accessorys, system tools, system information.

Sunday, September 21, 2008 2:35 AM