none
No HDMI sound and No HDMI Audio driver

Question

• Hi,
    Here's my configuration:
    MotherBoard: Asustek P5N-E Sli (Chipset NForce 650 SLI)
    Sound Card: Integrated to motherboard, it's a Realtek ALC883 (Using Realtek HDA driver version 6.0.1.5845)
    Video Card: 2x Gygabyte NVIDIA 9600 (SLI not active unless i'm playing game - Using NVIDIA ForceWare 185.85 made for windows 7 64 bits)
    Monitor:
    - Iiyama ProLite B2409HDS (Connected by DVI)
    - HDTV Philips 37PFL5522/D (Connected by HDMI with a DVI/HDMI adaptator)

I'm using the two monitor in the same time (I was working with the Iiyama and I was playing music or films with the HDTV).
    With Windows XP Pro, I've sound on my HDTV. Since i've installed Windows 7 64 bits (ver. 7100), I don't have any sound on my TV (it works perfectly with my speakers connected by 3"5 jack). I've correctly plugged the SPDIF connector from my motherboard to one of my video card (which have the two monitors plugged).
    Other information, when I go in the sound configuration, I see my speakers and the "Realtek Digital Output" but no HDMI Audio...

I've tried to install NVIDIA HDMI Audio driver (I know that this driver is for integrated nvidia GPU but i try just to see ;) ). No audio on my TV
    I've tried to install older audio driver (for windows 7, vista and also windows XP !!!!) => No audio on my TV

Is someone have an idea ? I think that it's the NVIDIA Video driver that don't allow to have sound and i try new version but i'm not sure...

For the moment, i'll display films on the tv and use my speakers to have sound but it's weird to have video in front of you and sound from your right.... the stereo sound is not really usefull there lol

Sorry for my english, but i'm a little frog from Paris ;)
    If you don't understand a part of my post i'll try to be more explicit and i'll try to use a better english.

Nicolas
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:34 AM

Answers

• This is the driver that eliminated the HDMI static and popping:

Driver Provider: NVIDIA
    Driver Date: 11/7/2007
    Driver Version: 7.15.11.6743

Again, I installed it with Vista and administrator compatibility.

W7 installed 7.15.11.7967 and it caused the HDMI audio static and popping.

Everyone with Conexant thinks the issue is with the Conexant audio driver, when in fact it's the NVIDIA driver that's causing the issue.

• Marked as answer by Adam M MCP Tuesday, June 09, 2009 8:25 PM
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 6:53 PM

All replies

• Many people are experiencing HDMI audio ouput issues to TVs that they didn't experience with Vista. I have an HP Pavilion with NVIDIA GForce Go 7600 and Conexant High Definition Audio. I get a little HDMI audio output, but it's crackling, popping, and has a lot of static. The HDMI video output also distorts when a louder audio sound happens. I'm starting to think it has more to do with the bus that controls the HDMI jack, as opposed to the video or audio drivers.
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 12:08 PM
  • For you, it's maybe the bus that control HDMI Jack but it's not my case. I got a little HDMI output but not me. Even if i set the TV sound to max and PC sound to max, i've nothing on TV...

With the same harware configuration and with the same plug between motherboard and video card, i'had sound with windows XP and no sound with Seven.
    With XP, i'd nothing to configure, it was fully working since i'had installed audio & video drivers. No need to change anything in the settings.

Here's (with Seven) it's like the computer se my S-PDIF motherboard output (I see in sound configuration Realtek Digital Output) and not my internal connector.
    So I really think that the prob come from drivers. But which one ?
    - Realtek audio that don't see internal connector ?
    - NVIDIA that don't see audio video card connector ?
    - Gigabyte (video card maker) that don't give us any driver for their products ? (so they don't make link between audio connector on video card and DVI/HDMI output)
    - Asustek that don't give us driver and have made something weird about the internal connector ?

In fact, I post here because Microsoft can easily search and ask for constructor for new drivers and fix the prob.
    I don't know but if i found any answer, i'll be back to explain how :D

Nicolas

Friday, May 15, 2009 8:08 AM
  • I fixed mine! W7 installed a new NVIDIA driver. I went back to a Vista NVIDIA driver from early 2008 and installed it with Vista and administrator compatibility and now it's all back to normal.
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 2:53 AM
  • Can you give us your nvidia driver version ? forceware xxx.xx or only panel version.

It will help us to know which version install :)
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 4:28 AM
  • This is the driver that eliminated the HDMI static and popping:

Driver Provider: NVIDIA
    Driver Date: 11/7/2007
    Driver Version: 7.15.11.6743

Again, I installed it with Vista and administrator compatibility.

W7 installed 7.15.11.7967 and it caused the HDMI audio static and popping.

Everyone with Conexant thinks the issue is with the Conexant audio driver, when in fact it's the NVIDIA driver that's causing the issue.

• Marked as answer by Adam M MCP Tuesday, June 09, 2009 8:25 PM
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 6:53 PM
  • I have a Compaq SR2150NX running XP pro. I have a samsung 42" 720p plasma TV. Unfortunately, there is no sound through HDMI.

I use realtek HD audio, and a nvidia 210 graphics card.

Monday, December 06, 2010 9:43 PM