none
Windows 7 disabled Joystick

Question

• It is apparent that there is a software issue with Windows 7 and Combat Flight Simulator WWII Europe. If forums reflect common problems with a Microsoft operating system (windows 7) working with a software program (also Microsoft) surely Microsoft cannot fail to be aware of it. Why then, does it seem so difficult to find a solution. Come on Microsoft. Write a patch for Windows 7 and let those who have CFS WWII enjoy the flying.
    Tuesday, August 03, 2010 10:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator WWII EUROPE is compatible with Windows 7. You can verify it in Windows 7 Compatibility Center. Please ensure that you’ve downloaded the latest updates. If you have experienced an issue with installation, please contact Microsoft Technical Support at 425-637-9308 M-F, 6am - 6pm Pacific Time. When you call please have the following information ready:

• Name
    • Address
    • Phone number
    • Combat Flight Simulator package
    • Combat Flight Simulator CD
    • CD drive brand name and speed

A Microsoft technician will provide swift resolution to the issue.

Source:

Tips and Support

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, August 05, 2010 7:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator WWII EUROPE is compatible with Windows 7. You can verify it in Windows 7 Compatibility Center. Please ensure that you’ve downloaded the latest updates. If you have experienced an issue with installation, please contact Microsoft Technical Support at 425-637-9308 M-F, 6am - 6pm Pacific Time. When you call please have the following information ready:

• Name
    • Address
    • Phone number
    • Combat Flight Simulator package
    • Combat Flight Simulator CD
    • CD drive brand name and speed

A Microsoft technician will provide swift resolution to the issue.

Source:

Tips and Support

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, August 05, 2010 7:35 AM
  • I am having the same issues. My USB CH Products F-16 Combat Stick is not working with the program.

I can go into the game settings and set it as the preferred device, select it, then calibrate it. I keep getting the message pop-up "Your joystick assignment has changed from: 'some garbage characters' to 'some other garbage characters'. Would you like to reset the control assignments? (Recommended)". This occurs over and over again and whether I answer "Yes" or "No" doesn't matter. The garbage characters displayed change each time, although "o" and "p" seem to come up fairly ofter. In any case, they make no sense whatsoever.

I also have a USB Belkin Nostromo N52 game pad installed. The game recognizes this and I can fire the guns by pressing my space bar key on the pad. This is not my preferred device for flying an aircraft, though. When I am in the program, the joystick is totally not recognized and isn't working for anything.

Your help in getting my joystick working with the Combat Flight Simulator would be greatly appreciated. I am running the program in Windows 98/ME compatibility mode in Windows 7 Home Premium Edition in 64-bit mode on an Intel Core i7 930 based PC with a pair of eVGA nVidia 7800's in SLI mode.

Monday, November 22, 2010 3:05 AM
  • Try:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Search/en-US/windows?query=combat%20flight%20simulator%20and%20joystick&refinement=1002&beta=0&ac=8

Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:27 PM
  • Has Microsoft fixed the problem with CFS Windows 7 joystick operation?  How do I get an update?

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 3:01 PM