none
K-Lite Codec Pack 4.4.5 Full

General discussion

• Windows 7 Beta 1, x86, VMWare console.

trying to install K-Lite Codec Pack 4.4.5 Full (option 7 - Lots of stuff), getting error
    C:\Windows\system32\Ir41_32.ax
    Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSrv32 failed with exit code 0x3.
    Saturday, January 10, 2009 10:59 PM

All replies

• While this isn't a fix for you...

Just installed the Combined Community Codec Pack (includes players and if my memory servers has all the codecs that K-Lite has).

Installation worked, video & audio works in stand alone player and windows media player.

Saturday, January 10, 2009 11:21 PM
  • I ran it and think it's a unsupported DLL.  I also just clicked Ignored it.   I suspect it will not make much of a difference either way.  I haven't seen any problems with it yet!!
    Saturday, January 10, 2009 11:33 PM
  • MCCZ said:

Windows 7 Beta 1, x86, VMWare console.

trying to install K-Lite Codec Pack 4.4.5 Full (option 7 - Lots of stuff), getting error
    C:\Windows\system32\Ir41_32.ax
    Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSrv32 failed with exit code 0x3.

Tried running it as admin? (just curious, i'm not near my computer at home to try, but i do intend to install klite at some point this week)
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 12:11 AM
  • Found http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/KLite_Codec_Pack_Full/1094057842/3, installed over 4.4.5 without error during install.
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 12:54 AM
  • I have found that 445 does not agree totally with MP11 and W7. It seems some of the codecs dont load correctly leaving me with a blank screen. I am currently using MPC for all my media needs to avoid this. Anyone know if 450 presents similar issues? 
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 3:06 AM
  • I installed K-Lite Codec 4.5 without any problems. WMC didn't see .DIVX files until I installed DIVX 7 though.
    -Dat
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 6:09 PM
  •  http://www.codecguide.com/klcp_beta.htm

This is a new Version 4.50 Beta for Windows 7, with this no problem ;)

bye!
    In My Own Summer The Shade is A Tool!!
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 7:37 PM
  • Beta version installed fine for me and seems to cause no issues
    failed Validation
    Monday, January 12, 2009 10:49 PM
  • I got K-Lite working, it seems tho the issue is it does not allow DirectVOBSub to install, SO, if your watching .MKV Files or other formats that use that for Subtitles they do not work, I posted in the Media Area on the forum here for help with that problem, I tried the Beta, and I tried the full and the X64 since I am using win7 x64 but still no subtitles.
    Currently Testing Windows 7 Beta: 4 Systems built the same: 1Win7 ~ 2Vista Ultimate X64 ~ 1XP Pro/XP Pro X64 Dual Boot Box AMD X4 Phenom II 940, 8GB Corsair XMS2, EVGA 730a Motherboard, EVGA 9800 GX2 SCC, 2x500GB 32MEG Cache Seagate SATA Drives in Raid-0, 2x1TB WD SATA Data Drives, 6xHP w2207h HDMI LCD, 52" Mitsubishi LCD TV, Antec 900 Case, Antec TPQ 1000w PSU, 2 Sony BluRay Burner Drives.
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 10:14 AM
  • Same problem happened here.

I reinstalled and only chose "playback essentials without player"

and the error is gone. kapish!
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 10:51 AM
  • To get your subtitles in Media Player Classic do this.
    Here is how you get it working with K-Lite Codec Pack on Windows 7, Download the BETA of K-Lite, get a file with subs .MKV or what ever that is not working, at the top of the Media Player Classic click on View, then on Options -> External Filters -> Add Filter... -> Select DirectVobSub (auto-loading version) -> select Prefer. Close MPC and restart your video. Your subs should work.

Thanks to clsid on the Codec Guide forums for the K-Lite fix, and to Windoctor here for helping get the CCCP working with Subtitles.
    Currently Testing Windows 7 Beta: 4 Systems built the same: 1Win7 ~ 2Vista Ultimate X64 ~ 1XP Pro/XP Pro X64 Dual Boot Box AMD X4 Phenom II 940, 8GB Corsair XMS2, EVGA 730a Motherboard, EVGA 9800 GX2 SCC, 2x500GB 32MEG Cache Seagate SATA Drives in Raid-0, 2x1TB WD SATA Data Drives, 6xHP w2207h HDMI LCD, 52" Mitsubishi LCD TV, Antec 900 Case, Antec TPQ 1000w PSU, 2 Sony BluRay Burner Drives.
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 11:35 AM
  • Anyone managed to get realmedia files to play in Mediaplayer 12? Complains that there is no codec despite installing K-Lite 4.50...

Any ideas? I don't really want to have to install Realplayer.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 5:05 PM
  • Yes Men, you have Install Real Alternative 1.90, is in the same page of the link more up, in the left menu find Real Alternative, install and you can play Real media Files. ;)

here the link: http://www.codecguide.com/download_real.htm download these version and Play you r Videos and media Files of Real ;)

Good Luck!!

PD: Again Sorry for my English, i speak Spanish ;)

In My Own Summer The Shade is A Tool!!
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 6:05 PM
  • Suddenly, my sound stopped working on my PC (Windows XP)

I checked the wires, connections, volume, Device manager, etc. Absolutely Zero Errors found.
    I had to install Creative SB Live! Series after K-light suggested it and that worked. My computer still says it's there with no errors.
    After some searching on Bing and then Google, I learn there's a updated K-Light. Since it fixed the problem last time, I downloaded it and uninstalled all of the other codec programs it ask me to. All of which were attempts to fix the error.

But just link the older version, the new K-light says there are no sound errors to fix so it doesn't give me the option to click on it. When I play a video, the player (regardless of the program) shows the audio visualizations clearly. I know they are working because I've watched these videos before and use visualizations as a back up for any possible errors (so I can see and hear them). I've tried multiple speakers, headsets, stereo systems, and not the first one will play sound. I even tried plugging into the "Audio IN" connection. All that did was give me loud static when I click play and stop when I hit pause/stop.

Please help?!?!?!?!
    Friday, July 10, 2009 5:05 PM