1. Rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks will rebuild the layout.ini file,
even if it has been deleted from %windir%\Prefetch.
2. Manually create a layout.ini.
Paste these two lines in Notepad, including the brackets
Save the file as layout.ini in %windir%\Prefetch
You don't need RSAT. This is my signature :D
Run the services MMC Snapin and look if the Superfetch service is running.
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"
Want to install RSAT on Windows 7 Sp1? Check my HowTo: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=150221
To ensure Prefetch folder works properly, please check the following registry.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters]
Also make sure the task scheduler service is running.
1. Click Start, type Services.msc in Start Search bar, and then press Enter.
2. In the right pane, double-click task scheduler.
3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, click Apply, click Start, and then click OK.
After that, click Start -> type CMD in the search box -> right click CMD in the list and choose Run as administrator. Then type the following command.
After booting 3 times, the Prefetch folder will be rebuilt.
Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.