Install Office Pro Plus 2010 on Refreshed Windows 8 Pro RRS feed

• Question

• I have upgraded from Win 7 Home Premium to Win 8 Pro on a Bootcamp installation on iMac. The upgrade process was absolutely smooth. However, after some time bad-pool-header error started coming frequently, forcing restarts. I decided to Refresh Win 8, after an attempt at System Restore, which provided temporary relief. After the Refresh, I have had to install all my apps again: including Bootcamp and they are all running smoothly.

However, I'm not able to install MS Office Professional Plus 2010 that was installed earlier. The DVD gets ejected automatically, and is not even shown in devices. Trying another CD, setup.exe does show the dos command screen but vanishes and nothing happens after that.

Tried the Support pages. Fix It page says it does not support Win 8.

Any help? Thanks.

Thursday, November 8, 2012 8:58 AM

Answers

• Update your Windows and go to start and type Windows Defender and run a full system scan with it.

Also check your PC manufacturer's website and install all drivers.

• Marked as answer by AnilAgrawal Thursday, November 8, 2012 4:25 PM
    Thursday, November 8, 2012 10:53 AM

All replies

• Update your Windows and go to start and type Windows Defender and run a full system scan with it.

Also check your PC manufacturer's website and install all drivers.

• Marked as answer by AnilAgrawal Thursday, November 8, 2012 4:25 PM
    Thursday, November 8, 2012 10:53 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

The drivers were okay. Windows Defender found one malicious object that was removed.

DVD was installed.

Thanks a lot.

Anil Agrawal

Thursday, November 8, 2012 4:28 PM