none
What is user impact if I upgrade window 7 to 10 then RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Support,

I have lot of pc with window-7 and now i want to upgrade in window-10 then what is users impact ?

Example :

• Users desktop or App data profile ? 
    • Users outlook profile ?
    • other application installed setting ?

Or there is any way to restore window 7 setting back after upgrade in window 10.

Thursday, January 16, 2020 6:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Due to your concerns,  suggest you performing an in-place upgrade.

In-place upgrades to Windows 10 are a reliable approach for moving an existing device running Windows 7 or newer to Windows 10, without requiring file migration or application reinstallation. After an in-place upgrade, the user’s files, settings and available apps are consistent with their previous Windows 7 installation.

More specific details you could refer to the following link:

What is user impact if I upgrade window 7 to 10 then

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/enterprise/windows-7-to-windows-10-upgrade-automated

Besides, if you do have concerns, we recommend that you make a backup of the relevant files.

Hope can help you. Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Kiki

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 17, 2020 6:08 AM
  • In windows 7,open my computer/open C: Users/locate user,drag each folder to a new folder you created on desktop,once all are in folder,R.click,send to cd/dvd drive.Once thru,move user data back to users on C:

This lets you save all user data files/settings w/o running other back-up software,once a new OS is installed,send cd data folders to user folder.

Saturday, January 18, 2020 2:25 AM
  • Hi Kiki,

Its seems installed existing application will remain the same after upgrade window 10

Saturday, January 18, 2020 10:49 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, if you perform an in-place upgrade,  the user's files, settings and available apps are consistent with their previous Windows 7 installation.

Hope can help you. Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Kiki

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 20, 2020 1:30 AM
  • Hi Kiki,

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by PK_TECHNET Monday, January 20, 2020 5:06 PM
    Monday, January 20, 2020 5:04 PM
  • Hi,

You are welcome~

If you think my answers are helpful, please mark it as an answer, which will help more users get valid information.

Have a nice day=.=

Best Regards,

Kiki

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 1:47 AM
  • Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 has a number of benefits. For a start, because both operating systems are made by Microsoft the upgrade process is relatively easy, and in many cases you can keep your files on your PC.

This means you'll experience the minimum of disruption when upgrading to Windows 10. Most programs you use will have been updated to work on Windows 10 as well, and the layout and interface are similar to Windows 7, so you shouldn’t find it too hard to adjust.

If you want to upgrade to Windows 10, then you can buy a copy, download the installation file and run it to start the process.

If you still want to continue using Windows 7 then you should either look to purchase ESU or move to Azure WVD for receiving security updates.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 12:28 PM