none
function keys for audio device not working

Question

• when i installed windows 7 the functions keys for my audio device stopped working. they worked fine when i tryed the beta for windoes 7 and my other function keys work.
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 3:28 AM

Answers

• You need the ATK_Hotkey UTILITY for all the functions of the Fn keys, such as sound volume.  Asus does not have any Win 7 utilities and drivers for you laptop posted, just Vista.  The Vista utilites and drivers may or may not work.  Your alternative is to search the internet for Win 7 utilites and drivers for your hardware, but Windows will not provide them  A good place to start is on-line forums for your laptop and Asus Support has their own forums.
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 7:52 PM
  • thanks, took me a few mins to find free drivers but once i did they worked great first try
    • Marked as answer by KingJames1120 Wednesday, November 25, 2009 3:34 AM
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 3:34 AM

All replies

• And just what system are you talking about?  Is this a laptop, a desktop, or what?

Provide enough information about your system for someone to make and informed recommendation!
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 12:50 PM
  • i have an asus g1s laptop 32 bit that i got 2 years ago. i had vista home premium and i got the upgrade for windows 7.

let me know what other info you need

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 4:03 PM
  • You need the ATK_Hotkey UTILITY for all the functions of the Fn keys, such as sound volume.  Asus does not have any Win 7 utilities and drivers for you laptop posted, just Vista.  The Vista utilites and drivers may or may not work.  Your alternative is to search the internet for Win 7 utilites and drivers for your hardware, but Windows will not provide them  A good place to start is on-line forums for your laptop and Asus Support has their own forums.
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 7:52 PM
  • thanks, took me a few mins to find free drivers but once i did they worked great first try
    • Marked as answer by KingJames1120 Wednesday, November 25, 2009 3:34 AM
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 3:34 AM
  • My Audio button Problems are on Windows 10.  Function keys not operating.
    • Proposed as answer by GJVN Monday, July 03, 2017 10:32 PM
    Monday, July 03, 2017 10:32 PM
  • My Audio button Problems are on Windows 10.  Function keys not operating.

GJVN,

How can you have the audacity to post a remark about Windows 10 in a Windows 7 forum and then propose it as an answer?

This is a Windows 7 operating system forum.  Who would think the participants of a Windows 7 forum would care about your Audio button problem in Windows 10?

Tuesday, July 04, 2017 3:00 PM
  • PLEASE RESPOND!
    Tuesday, July 04, 2017 3:52 PM
  • PLEASE RESPOND!

Respond to what?  You have not asked a question.  Only a question can be responded to.

If you have a problem with Windows 10 and want assistance, then posted in the appropriate Windows 10 forum at https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=Windows10ITPro 

All forums on the internet have subject titles so that those that know how to read can identify the appropriate forum and post in the appropriate forum.

So, the question is:  Can you read and comprehend English?

Tuesday, July 04, 2017 4:28 PM