none
Doesnt make sense RRS feed

• General discussion

• Ok I know windows 8 gave us some new apps to use but they are crap compared to the previous apps that windows gave us by default. Why make the user open up an app that has less functionality then the older generation. For example the picture app can not scroll through a list of pictures in a folder where the default windows photo viewer will allow me to open up the majority of the files and skip through them. Another app called Video doesn't have support for AVI files vs windows media player does. Also when is Microsoft going to start supporting MKV file types? When is the general user going to get an app that will read a dump file and be able to see what dll caused the problem? Windows 8 is a step up in some cases but in most other cases for the general user I expect windows 8 to fall very short.

Thursday, September 6, 2012 3:57 AM

All replies

• Well both photo Viewer and windows media player is still left, but they are not the default application for the files types.
    Thursday, September 6, 2012 6:00 AM
  • I know they are still there... It just makes no sense for the applications that have less functionality to be the default applications.

And I have a question. In windows 8 RC i was able set the transparency on my window borders but now that is gone. Does anyone have any idea why this has disappeared?

Thursday, September 6, 2012 6:59 AM
  • same as notepad, open a txt file and it says nothing installed on machine do you want to go to the store. No I'll use notepad thanks
    Thursday, September 6, 2012 10:49 AM