none
invalid command line argument. consult the windows installer sdk for detailed command line help RRS feed

• Question

• I try to install db2 for windows on windows 7 ( using installation file that already used  on same machine ).

getting message :

invalid command line argument. consult the windows installer sdk for detailed command line help

Hi,

Thanks for the answer ,but after I tried the two methods , still getting same error .

• Edited by eli nawi Monday, June 3, 2019 11:38 AM
    Sunday, June 2, 2019 2:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Eli,

First of all, if you are running the installation from CD/DVD, copy the all the installation media on local disk and start the SAPINST or SWPM.

Next, try the following two methods:

Method 1: I would suggest you to unregister and re-register Windows installer, and check if it helps.

a) Click Start and the Run.

b) In the Run box type msiexec /unreg and then ENTER.

c) Click Start and the Run.

d) In the Run box type msiexec /regserver and then ENTER.

Method 2:

a) Click Start.

b) In the search box type services.msc.

c) Locate Windows Installer.

d) Right click it and Go to Properties.

e) In the Startup type click the drop down and set as Automatic.

f) Click Apply and OK.

g) Restart your computer.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 3, 2019 1:44 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the answer ,but after I tried the two methods , still getting same error .

Monday, June 3, 2019 11:38 AM
  • Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 5, 2019 7:53 AM