none
Windows Firewall is blocking my wireless connection

Question

•  

and I cannot figure out how to disable this.  I can't take it any longer!  Please advise!
    Monday, January 21, 2008 8:44 PM

Answers

• Hello Karan,

Thanks for your post!

Please firstly confirm your network location configuration according to the following Windows Help document:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/6ddfa83c-01c8-441e-b041-1fd912c3fe601033.mspx

If the problem still persists, for further troubleshooting this issue, please let me know more details about this issue:

1.    In what phase you received an error message telling the wireless network blocked;

2.    What is the exact error message?

3.    Are you also using Windows Live OneCare firewall?

4.    If disabling Windows firewall, will the error still occur?

Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Thursday, January 24, 2008 7:52 AM

All replies

• Hello Karan,

Thanks for your post!

Please firstly confirm your network location configuration according to the following Windows Help document:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/6ddfa83c-01c8-441e-b041-1fd912c3fe601033.mspx

If the problem still persists, for further troubleshooting this issue, please let me know more details about this issue:

1.    In what phase you received an error message telling the wireless network blocked;

2.    What is the exact error message?

3.    Are you also using Windows Live OneCare firewall?

4.    If disabling Windows firewall, will the error still occur?

Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Thursday, January 24, 2008 7:52 AM
  • I am trying to install my Kaplan practice tests and the Firewall is blocking it.  What do I do?  U gave trued everything.
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 4:26 AM
  • If I disable the Firewall, will I still have a problem?
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 4:29 AM
  • This is the top hit for "Windows Firewall is blocking my wireless connection", so I will comment here.

Windows Firewall is blocking my wireless connection.    Or, it looks that way.    Not 100% clear.    I will connect to a public wifi connection at a cafe, and it will connect and say "limited access".      It sort of connects, yes.    But there is that warning symbol, and no internet.       Disabling Windows Firewall and trying again seems to help.       It will then connect.     This might be a spurious correlation.  It might be my imagination.   But it seems to have happened a few times recently.   Any ideas?

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 9:09 AM