none
cannot reinstall windows live messenger

Question

• Hello,

I am running window 7 and I had issues with windows live messenger. So I deleted it and downloaded the newest version of windows live essential. However everytime I am trying to install it, it tells me I already have windows live messenger and other components. I knew I already get rid of those. Does anyone experience this problem before? Any suggestions?

thanks,

Gene

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 3:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Gene.

plz visit this link to solve your problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938275/en-us

Hope your problem will be solved.

Thanx n Regards

Syed Asad Bukhari

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 5:58 AM
  • Hi,

This issue mostly can be caused due to the Windows Live Messenger components are not removed completely.

Based on the current situation, I would like to suggest you install and run Windows Installer CleanUp Utility to remove the registry entry of Windows Live Messenger before reinstall it.

Does it work?

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, July 22, 2010 9:26 AM
  • Thank Syed and Arthur,

I have window 7. Basically I have removed windows live before. I don't see it in control panmel->programs. But every time I tried to reinstall it, it tells me the computer has the program, which does not allow me to install. I run the "fix it", it does not work. Also the link to windows installer cleanup utility does not work either.

Any suggestion?

thanks,

Gene

Thursday, July 22, 2010 6:31 PM
  • Hi,

Please submit a new question to Discussions in Windows Live Messenger Newsgroup. In this forum, your question can be answered effectively.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 9:28 AM