none
Azure SQL Database + Azure Databricks RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I tried to find if it is possible to connect Databricks to Azure SQL Database. It did not find the connector.

Thank you.

Monday, October 7, 2019 12:39 PM

All replies

• https://docs.azuredatabricks.net/data/data-sources/sql-databases.html

Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP, http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

MS SQL optimization: MS SQL Development and Optimization
    MS SQL Consulting: Large scale of database and data cleansing
    Remote DBA Services: Improves MS SQL Database Performance
    SQL Server Integration Services: Business Intelligence

Monday, October 7, 2019 12:51 PM
  • So, it is impossible to connect Azure SQL Database ?
    Tuesday, October 8, 2019 7:44 AM
  • That's true, you can connect to Azure SQL Database from Databricks with out any need of external drivers as it is natively supported and i am using it since many days.

Let me know if you face any issues.

Hope this is helpful !!

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 7:58 AM
  • So, it is impossible to connect Azure SQL Database ?

It is possible. 

Refer the link provided by Uri and refer the code given in steps.

BTW, it is a scala code so either create a scala Notebook or have %scala on top of each cell code. 

Regards,
    Vaibhav

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 8:03 AM
  • Hi

Just checking in to see if my initial reply helped or you still facing any issues.

If my initial reply answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread .

And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 3:42 AM