none
Cannot import Virtual Machine after latest Windows 10 update. RRS feed

• Question

• After I installed the latest Windows 10 update, one of my VM's failed to start.  After reading through the tech forums, I found a thread on how to resolve the issue.  None of the suggestions worked.  My VM still would not startup.  I decided to delete the VM and import it back onto the systems from a backup drive. (Thank God I exported it before running this update)  My VM will now start up, but it will only run from the backup drive.  In other words, Windows Hyper-v now thinks my VM is on the backup drive.  So, it did not import the VM back onto the host machine.  Instead it just changed the location of it to the backup drive.

How do I fix this new problem, or do I have to delete and completely re-create my VM?  Because that is what this is looking like.

If I have to delete and recreate my VM from scratch because of this update, I am going to be very upset.  There is a lot of work on that machine.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 6:01 PM

All replies

• >>How do I fix this new problem, or do I have to delete and completely re-create my VM?  Because that is what this is looking like.

Have you try to copy VHD and recreate a new VM with this VHD. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 7:11 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing here to confirm current situation.

If the above suggestion are helpful to you, please be kind enough to "mark it as an answer" for helping more people.

Regards,
    Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact

Monday, November 25, 2019 6:14 AM