none
Mouse Settings Reset and Startup

Question

• Just got a new computer with Windows 7, 64 bit.  Tried two bluetooth mouses/keyboards (Microsoft and Logitech) and neither worked properly.  Did clean clean install and obtained current software/drivers from manufacturer's site.  Continued to have a delay in keyboard and mouse.  Both are within 4 feet of devices.

Purhcased a USB keyboard and mouse.  Uninstalled all previous software and installed new/updated from Microsoft.  Both work fine except the mouse settings.  It is an Intellimouse Explorer 3.0.  The default speed is too slow.  I go into the control panel to set the desired speed, click Apply, and OK.  Upon restarting the computer, the settings go back to the default settings.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Saturday, April 24, 2010 10:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

What is the exact model of your Bluetooth mouse and keyboard? To use Microsoft keyboard and mouse smoothly, you need to download compatible Windows 7 Mouse and Keyboard Software firstly. You can download it from the following site:

Download Mouse and Keyboard Software

Meanwhile, make sure that you enable the Bluetooth devices in Control Panel for your mouse and keyboard:

Enable Bluetooth Devices in Control Panel for your mouse or keyboard

Best Regards

Dale

Monday, April 26, 2010 4:15 AM
  • I was using the Microsoft Wireless Laser 8000 and the 5000 keyboard.  Updated drivers were installed and bluetooth was enabled.  They both worked but would get sluggish using Office products.

I switched to Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 and Microsoft Natural 4.0. Both are USB and work.  The only problem I have now is when saving the mouse settings, they do not save after rebooting.

Sunday, May 02, 2010 9:48 AM
  • Go to msconfig, highlight Startup tab, enable Microsoft intellipoint and Microsoft IntelliTypePro.

Best Regards

Dale

Friday, May 07, 2010 2:39 AM
  • I have a customer running Windows 7 with a Logitech left hand wireless mouse that sets her mouse buttons reversed and every time she logs in her settings are gone.

She has the Logitech software installed and as far as I recall, the same thing happens when she sets the buttons there or in the Windows mouse settings.

I checked msconfig and there is nothing unchecked in startup or anywhere else in msconfig.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

• Proposed as answer by Destiny77 Tuesday, March 06, 2012 6:14 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Destiny77 Tuesday, March 06, 2012 6:14 PM
    Friday, May 20, 2011 7:06 PM
  • I have the exact same issue with my machine. Tried several different devices and same issue occurs regardless of the mouse. They all revert back to the default mouse settings upon reboot. MSconfig is clean with nothing disabled, so this is not the issue. I have tried three different brand mice with no resolution either.

Three different manufacturers

both Wireless and wired

All laser mice

current mouse is Logitech performance MX

Any help would be appreciated.

Jon

Friday, February 03, 2012 5:50 PM
  • Uncheck the KHALMNPR on MSCONFIG & Restart and Uncheck Again KHALMNPR.EXE. Only Uncheck these two times. This should fix the Issue.
    • Proposed as answer by Destiny77 Tuesday, March 06, 2012 6:05 PM
    Tuesday, March 06, 2012 6:04 PM