none
DVD Maker - Any way to name the scenes (files you add to the project)?

Question

• Hi folks.  I'm wondering if there is a way to name the files that are in the project. After I burn nothing descriptive shows up as far as the scenes (files) go.  Just previews.  Be nice if I could put some text in there.  thanks.
    Monday, November 22, 2010 7:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

You can refer to the following part:

“To change the DVD menu text” from Burn a DVD-Video disc with Windows DVD Maker.

Best Regards

Magon Liu

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 6:42 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios. If the issue still persists, please feel free to  reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

BTW,  we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Best Regards

Magon Liu

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, November 29, 2010 9:54 AM
  • I have reviewed this link and believe that this will allow you to change the word SCENE to another word.  But I want to label each scene, give each a unique name, so I can identify each file that is added to the DVD.  for example, if 5 seperate videos (scenes)  are added to the DVD maker, is there any way to label each one?

Sunday, December 19, 2010 6:43 PM
  • I have reviewed this link and believe that this will allow you to change the word SCENE to another word.  But I want to label each scene, give each a unique name, so I can identify each file that is added to the DVD.  for example, if 5 seperate videos (scenes)  are added to the DVD maker, is there any way to label each one?

Exactly what I'm trying to do.
    Sunday, December 19, 2010 7:53 PM
  • Why has no one answered this yet?

Is there any way to add names to each of the scenes in the scene selection screen?

Saturday, February 12, 2011 12:27 PM
  • This link refers only how to change the names on the Menu Screen.

We're asking how to add labels/names to the individual scenes in the 'Scene Selection' screen

Saturday, February 12, 2011 12:30 PM
  • I gave up on this long ago.  Too complex of a request for a native Windows application I guess.
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 12:39 PM
  • I would really like to see an answer to this issue.  It is useful to be able to name the scenes when the DVD is created.  Most other DVD makers have  this capability.  My DVD viewers need to know the content of the scene when they have 10+ scenes on a 60 minute DVD.  Can Microsoft help?

One option I tried was putting a large font caption in Movie Maker at the start of each scene.  Occassionally, the caption showed on the previews, but not always.  Why?

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 8:56 PM
  • I would really like to see an answer to this issue.  It is useful to be able to name the scenes when the DVD is created.  Most other DVD makers have  this capability.  My DVD viewers need to know the content of the scene when they have 10+ scenes on a 60 minute DVD.  Can Microsoft help?

One option I tried was putting a large font caption in Movie Maker at the start of each scene.  Occassionally, the caption showed on the previews, but not always.  Why?

Never. Gonna.  Happen.  

Thanks M$.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 8:58 PM
  • Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience, I believe this is a great feature that Windows DVD Maker will include in the feature. You can submit the feedback and suggestions to the Product Feedback Team for detailed requirement: http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195 We are striving to capture any and all product issues and product feedback so as to ensure that we are continuously developing Microsoft products to meet our customers' needs. Your time and effort is appreciated.

Regards,

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 2:52 AM
  • Microsoft dropped the ball again.  Do they have anyone use their software before they send it out to the world?  And why is it so hard for them to add a simple feature like scene titles?
    Saturday, June 22, 2013 9:12 PM