Home Drive+Home Directory RRS feed

• Question

• When i try to use orchestrator to create a home drive and store it in a directory, the information gets populated in AD but for some reason the drive never gets created. The Drive never shows up in the shared directory, or for the user.

Any ideas?

C-D3

Friday, September 21, 2012 7:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I Think that on the Create User Activity only store it as a setting, a path. You need to create the folder "manually" first. But manually is of course also Orchestrator as Stefan is saying.

Anders Bengtsson | Microsoft PFE | blog at http://www.contoso.se

• Marked as answer by C-D3 Monday, September 24, 2012 2:28 PM
    Saturday, September 22, 2012 8:14 AM
    Answerer
  • C-D3,

we know that with dsa.msc the drive automatically gets created. But with the up-to-date version of the AD IP in fact not. But no problem, just two Activies more: "Create Folder" and "Run Program" with calcs.

Regards,

Stefan

German Orchestrator Portal , My blog in English

• Marked as answer by C-D3 Monday, September 24, 2012 2:27 PM
    Sunday, September 23, 2012 8:16 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hello,

I experience the same behavior in the Active Directory Integration Pack for System Center 2012 Orchestrator Version 7.0: The home drive is set but the directory isn't created by this setting. So, I use the "Create Folder" Activity and the "Run Program" Activity (running "cacls") after the "Create User" Activity.

Regards,

Stefan

Friday, September 21, 2012 8:45 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

I Think that on the Create User Activity only store it as a setting, a path. You need to create the folder "manually" first. But manually is of course also Orchestrator as Stefan is saying.

Anders Bengtsson | Microsoft PFE | blog at http://www.contoso.se

• Marked as answer by C-D3 Monday, September 24, 2012 2:28 PM
    Saturday, September 22, 2012 8:14 AM
    Answerer
  • C-D3,

we know that with dsa.msc the drive automatically gets created. But with the up-to-date version of the AD IP in fact not. But no problem, just two Activies more: "Create Folder" and "Run Program" with calcs.

Regards,

Stefan

• Marked as answer by C-D3 Monday, September 24, 2012 2:27 PM
    Sunday, September 23, 2012 8:16 AM
    Answerer
  • Thank you that worked.

C-D3

Monday, September 24, 2012 2:28 PM