none
"Windows Update needs your help" notification that appears after 30 days of no windows 8 updates? " Has there been a solution yet? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! I've been having this problem and noticed that since 2013 there had been this problem. I'm not sure if this was solved?

I get this annoying message since the last 3 days when I turned on my computer:

"Windows Update needs your help" notification that appears after 30 days of no windows 8 updates?"

I've tried the trouble shooting route and the first 2 times it worked, but it came back again the third day. I had to go to services.msc to remove the Windows updates to stop the annoying "Windows Update needs your help" notification or it won't stop and I won't be able to access my computer.

Please advise.thanks

Rabbitster

Friday, June 7, 2019 2:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

1. You can simply set a Registry key to hide the message.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/WindowsUpdate/Auto Update

“ShowUnableToDetectUI”=dword:00000000

2. Try to run disk cleanup, select clean up system files (ALL system files) and check.

For more information, please refer to the following link:

https://www.404techsupport.com/2015/05/28/windows-8-windows-update-needs-your-help/

Meanwhile, I found the article which may help, please try to refer to it.

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. This is just for your convenience. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Best regards,

Hurry

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Rabbitster Friday, June 14, 2019 6:49 PM
    Monday, June 10, 2019 6:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

1. You can simply set a Registry key to hide the message.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/WindowsUpdate/Auto Update

“ShowUnableToDetectUI”=dword:00000000

2. Try to run disk cleanup, select clean up system files (ALL system files) and check.

For more information, please refer to the following link:

https://www.404techsupport.com/2015/05/28/windows-8-windows-update-needs-your-help/

Meanwhile, I found the article which may help, please try to refer to it.

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. This is just for your convenience. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Best regards,

Hurry

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Rabbitster Friday, June 14, 2019 6:49 PM
    Monday, June 10, 2019 6:36 AM
  • Hi,
    How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best regards,

Hurry

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:21 AM
  • Hi,

Is there anything else I can do to help you on this issue?

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Hurry

Friday, June 14, 2019 1:17 AM
  • Hi Hurry!  I eventually did a refresh so that erased everything. It stopped that problem and the disk clean up you mentioned and others used as well will help continue clean up. Thanks for your help!

Rabbitster

Friday, June 14, 2019 6:52 PM