none
Importing data into Skype/Teams RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

In our organisation we are updating our list of emergency locations in the admin section of Teams.

We were able to export the current out of date list using 

Get-CsOnlineLisLocation | Select-Object companyname, description, HouseNumber, Streetname, City, p
    ostalcode | Export-Csv c:\temp\skypelocation.csv -NoTypeInformation -Append

We now have the correct up to date list populated in a CSV and we would like to know if its possible to import this back to teams?

There is no import-CsOnlineLisLocation command so I am unsure if this is even possible.

Is there a way to use import-csv and then pipe it into the New-CsOnlineLisLocation command?

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 11:04 AM

All replies

• Did you read the help for Import-Csv:

help Import-Csv -online

There are examples.

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 12:36 PM
  • Have a look at the MicrosoftTeams Powershell module.

What are you intending to do? Are you going to add the information as new contacts? Or are you going to create a new team and add your Emergency Dispatch Locations to the team?

Maybe this will help: https://www.jijitechnologies.com/blogs/create-teams-microsoft-teams-powershell

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange Ex-MVP (16 years)

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 6:17 PM
  • I did but there is nothing there that says if it works with Get-CsOnlineLisLocation so your response does not assist in any way whatsoever. 
    Sunday, October 20, 2019 12:59 PM
  • Within our current setup we have some emergency locations listed but we need to add around 100 more I was trying to avoid doing them manually

So no new teams required just seeing if its possible to import a csv with 100 emergency locations into an existing teams setup.

I can't get it to work using the usual syntax for uploading contacts etc

Sunday, October 20, 2019 1:03 PM
  • Use the New-CsOnlineLisLocation cmdlet to create those.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/new-csonlinelislocation?view=skype-ps

Sunday, October 20, 2019 3:04 PM
  • Please read my initial post. I already mentioned that. Why would you post a reply without first reading the question?

Sunday, October 20, 2019 8:27 PM
  • Please read my initial post. I already mentioned that. Why would you post a reply without first reading the question?

Sorry - I posted that link for another forum in your thread. Carry on.

\_(ツ)_/

Sunday, October 20, 2019 10:36 PM
  • Was that "please read . . ." directed at me? If it was, I'm sorry. I read your original question the day you wrote it, but that was five days ago. I didn't reread your first post. Sorry.

But yeah, you just need to import the CSV and pipe the import into a foreach. In the foreach block get the data you need from the current item (e.g., "$_.SomePropertyName") to use in the New-CsOnlineLisLocation cmdlet.

Monday, October 21, 2019 2:49 AM