none
Prompt - Use this account everywhere on your device - what causes it? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to find out what causes the prompt "use this account everywhere on your device" and the message under that reads:

Windows will remember your account and make it easier to sign in to apps and websites.

Then there's a checkbox "Allow my organization to manage my device". 

Is this from having our outlook and skype users hosted in O365? We have our Active Directory on site and only do a synchronization from our on site active directory to O365. Would the Azure settings for devices cause this? I can't find out how it came up for one manager and I have tried to reproduce it. 

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 4:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post in our forum.

According to my understanding, the option means that if you go to any office link, or run any office applications, it will automatically log on. And it is only for the Office.

And, what requirement do you want? Or what issue do you have?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Otto 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 6:36 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Otto Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 17, 2018 6:09 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Otto Wang

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 8:08 AM
  • I too have this question. Some of our users are now seeing this pop-up ... but not all. There is no logical reason as to why this pop-up occurs. We have not been able to consistently reproduce it.

The message is completely useless, and does not make any sense.

Why is there ONLY a Yes button?  Where is the No button?

On the few systems that we tested, it allows the user's credentials to be passed directly to Office 365; so for example when the user goes to portal.office.com, they don't have to enter their credentials.

That's fine, but what about when this pop-up happens on their home computer?  On a friend's computer? On a publicly used computer? Where are the credentials stored? How can this be disabled from a policy standpoint?

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 4:09 PM
  • I'm curious about this question as well. Some of our users, including myself (an administrator for the company), are now seeing this pop-up. There's no changes to our environment that I'm aware of that would have caused this.

My understanding of this pop-up window is that the Windows 10 device will be Workplace-joined to Azure AD.

Monday, April 15, 2019 2:08 PM
  • I finally got an answer after opening a premier ticket with Microsoft.  To suppress the prompt, add this registry key (we used a GPO preference to add the reg key to our systems):

You can prevent your domain joined device from being Azure AD registered by adding this registry key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WorkplaceJoin, "BlockAADWorkplaceJoin"=dword:00000001 

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 6:19 PM