none
beethov9.wma

Question

• Boy Howdy on that. Everytime one of these updates come out I have to spend a week trying to get this downloaded into my Computer. Most people barely know how to perform simple functions and navigate around the internet. I believe this is a TERRORIST plot to confuse to everyone and create total Anarchy. I wish I had all the Money I spent on Garbage that was supposed to fix my Computer. Why do I even need a beethov9.wma??? Let alone changing the registration editor. Thousands of dollars worth of computer equiptment and all I get are blue screens and no ligimate answers and all this other garbage that takes a degree to just understand.

Thursday, May 08, 2008 9:25 PM

All replies

• Does Microsoft have an answer to this, or do we just keep guessing ??

Friday, May 09, 2008 9:01 PM
  •  

Hey every one

Oh btw please. Microsoft clearly posted a requirements prior to download next to the windows update. The requirements were not much different then the solution center. Except the solution center ou ghave to search for. And if you read the agreement you are the one responsibole for backing up yo0ur configuration. And responosibly for accepting the service usdage agreement. You clicked on the download I agree buttons. With clicking on requirements bnefore download. Which also was a choice!

This sounds like a permissions problem. Xp still has UAC if in a more limited fashion. Then Vista. if you read the xp solution center it also has install from logged in adminstrators account. *I believe*

First did you run the install update from an Adminstrators account?

Or did you run the subinacl.exe and the reset.cmd? Search for this "access denied"

do you have any anti-virus programs running spy war defenders? spybot search and destroy?

More then likely this will be in the svcpack log file that it couldnt read the permissions from the registery.

"access denied" or inwindowsupdate lof file.

Here is the list of things people commonly forget to do before installing Xp sp3.

And a few other extra fixes if necessary and the requirment to log inas a full adminstrator.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

If this doesnt fix , well remember to post back your results

Keith

Saturday, May 10, 2008 10:21 AM
  • Keith;

thank you for the info.  Yes, I was using the Administrator account while running the installation of SP3.

The install dies on the "Beethov9.wma" file and says it cannot copy the file.

The procedure then un-installs everything.  Can you tell me where to look for the svcpack log file ?  Maybe I can learn something from that.

Thanks again.

Saturday, May 10, 2008 6:01 PM
  • Evening you may have to set the folder options to view system files and folder and clear the hide system files and folders. Some system still hide them from casual users

Log File Drive_Letter :\windows\svcpack.log

Drive letter is your boot drive. Windows also my be winnt is upgraded from NT.

Opps and here is your solution. Pesky oem disks any way.

http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=964895

Here are some usefull posts out there for others

http://news.softpedia.com/news/9-Critical-Errors-that-Will-Prevent-the-Installation-of-XP-SP3-RTM-Build-5512-85266.shtml

I think this one is going to become my signature tag pretty soon

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

Keith

Sunday, May 11, 2008 2:56 AM
  • Check your permissions for "disk_letter:\documents and settings\all users\documents" I've must change owner for this folder.

Monday, September 29, 2008 8:44 AM
  •  

Sorry about that my fault for not clearing it up properly

adminstrator is the normal account people receive when an an account is created. This happens during installation or creation of a new account.

The subinacl.exe available as I mention in the xp solution cnenter creates A Computer Adminstrator account. Note the Large A.

The program reset.cmd mods your user account so it is a Complete Adminstrator account.

Two possibilitys Using a .Iso version of Sp3 with your SATA latest chipset drivers on the disk to prevent problems. Especially the dreaded Windows Installer problem. Despite what others think a safe mode will work, as does the subinacl.exe and reset command.

But this creates a security hole. Unless you are the only user of this account.

Sorry about the confusion. Hope this clears it up. And yes finally got the spell check to work and high light mispellings now

Keith

Monday, September 29, 2008 9:18 AM