Fuzzy screen from Windows 8.1 update

• I just updated my laptop from windows 8 to 8.1 or whatever update that popped up and now everything is blurry and fuzzy which is really straining my eyes. The font and pictures and even chrome is just not as crisp and clean as it used to be. How would I go about changing that? Or can I revert the update?
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We cannot get back from Windows 8.1 to Windows 8, except we clean install Windows 8.

According to your description, this issue can be caused by Display card driver.

Please open Device Manager, then remove your display card driver and reinstall it to check the results.

If the issue persists, please post back the screenshot of your issue and system information for further research

Keep post.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, November 17, 2013 10:09 AM
  • Hi, this tip may help:

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Sunday, November 17, 2013 11:21 AM
  • I hate answers like this. Nothing to do with the display card driver.

Things work in 8.0, and turn to crap in 8.1.

If this isn't absolutely OBVIOUS to MS that it's the result of an MS error, then the company needs to take a good look at itself.

Stop releasing garbage before it's ready!!!!!

Wednesday, April 09, 2014 12:07 PM