none
Win 10 - Search icon does not work RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem with the search icon that does not work with Win10 64bit.

search_icon

This problem occurs when net framework 3.5 (.NET 2.0 and 3.0) is installed, which it installs from control panel->programs and functions.

It's a clean operating system with all the updates.

I have tested it many times and found out that only after installing net framework 3.5 it doesn't work search

The computer is working in the domain

I used these commands, but the effect was the same:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 1:15 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Please run Search & Indexing troubleshooter from Control Panel > Troubleshooting > View all. Let us know if this helps.

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 2:43 PM
  • No problem on the list in Control Panel > Troubleshooting > View all

of course, how do I click next, etc.

• Edited by Pstore Tuesday, May 8, 2018 5:15 PM
    Tuesday, May 8, 2018 5:14 PM
  • This problem occurs when net framework 3.5 (.NET 2.0 and 3.0) is installed, which it installs from control panel->programs and functions.

Another way to get there, e.g. from an Administrator shell, is to use  OptionalFeatures.exe

So, you're implying that if you toggle the old .NET Framework feature off Search starts working again?  Is a reboot required for that effect?  Maybe redoing that as an Administrator would be enough of a difference to have both.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 5:34 PM
  • Uninstalling a .Net Framework does not help. The reinstallation of the operating system should be done

Is this the reason for the NetFramework? This is what I have observed, but it can also be something else.

Friday, May 11, 2018 7:43 AM