none
Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB915597 (Version 1.299.1542.0). RRS feed

• Question

• 4 attempts to update: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB915597 (Version 1.299.1542.0).  Error Code  80070666.  Does anyone know what this error code means ?  I'm running Win 7 Pro.

Thank you.

Friday, August 9, 2019 10:06 PM

All replies

• 1st download & run kb890830

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=890830

once thru,restart pc,then download:  windowsupdateagent-7.6-x86    Download from Microsoft.Once thru,run Windows update,the Defender should be available,if not,open defender in control-panel/HELP tab/check for updates.Defender will stop running if user fails to run it,usually a yellow screen exists..Either way,the above is all Default settings for Win 7

Saturday, August 10, 2019 12:00 AM
  • Hi Karen,

Did the issue occur on your download process or install process?

I would be appreciate if you could provide more information to specify the issue, but at first we could try the following general steps to fix the normal update issue.

1. Run built-in windows troubleshooting tool:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\ System and Security\Fix problems with Windows Update\Advanced\Run as administrator:

2. Run System Update Readiness Tool  to fix the issue automatically.

3.Run the command sfc /scannow with administrator right to check the health of system files.

4. Perform a Clean Boot  and manually update again.

5. Disable firewall and antivirus temporarily.

Please feedback your action result to us for further troubleshoot if the issue persists.

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 12, 2019 11:32 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Bests,

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:39 AM
  • I also have this problem. It downloads but does not install. Happens on both of my Win7 computers. All other recent updates have installed just fine, including the ones packaged with this one.
    Thursday, August 15, 2019 4:23 PM
  • Hi robinette,

I recommend to create a new thread for your issue. It would be easy to follow up and convenient for discussion.

Bests,

Friday, August 16, 2019 5:01 AM
  • Hi Joy-Qiao,

After a couple of days & multiple re-boots, the update has now installed successfully.  I don't know whether Microsoft fixed the problem or whatever, but it has now been resolved.  Xiexie.

Friday, August 16, 2019 2:26 PM
  • I am still having issues; it still will not install on my Toshiba laptop (date: 8/24/2019)
    Saturday, August 24, 2019 10:12 PM