none
Windows 7 Snipping tool

Question

• Hey......can anyone tell me if it is possible to download the Snipping Tool on a PC with Windows 7????? Thanks
    Friday, August 12, 2011 7:42 AM

Answers

All replies

• Snipping tool is integrated in the Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate editions of Windows 7. If you have another version you are out of luck...
    • Proposed as answer by Rich Prescott Friday, August 12, 2011 8:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Tuesday, August 23, 2011 2:41 AM
    Friday, August 12, 2011 8:08 AM
  • Hi,

Also please refer:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Snipping-Tool-frequently-asked-questions

Hope that helps

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 2:18 AM
  • Snipping tool is integrated in the Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate editions of Windows 7. If you have another version you are out of luck...

I have the Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit, but there is no Snipping Tool. I have tried Start button > Search but there is no result. Could it be that I have installed the Ashampoo Snap capture tool that might interfere with Snipping Tool?

Saturday, August 27, 2011 8:58 PM
  • Hi Mary.

If you are using Basic, there is no snipping tool and I don't think you can integrate it from a download (should there be one!)

But try this. It is the tool which MS used to construct the snipping tool.

http://www.bhelpuri.net/Snippy/

David Clarke
    Sunday, August 28, 2011 8:27 AM
  • Please check https://captureitplus.codeplex.com/ a snipping tool alternative
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:46 AM
  • Since you have Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit , You already have the snipping tool . hope the following helps:

1.  run: "%windir%\system32'' .

2. paste '' SnippingTool'' in the search bar then you should be able to see the snipping tool icon and just right and pin the program to the start menu.

3. If the above method did not work then it means the snipping tool is not enabled in the windows features, then do as follows:

Go to:

Control Panel; -----> programs and features-----> Turn widows features on or off ---> select  Tablet Pc components .

If it didn't work unselected Tablet Pc components  and reboot then reselect it again.

Warm Regards;

1HJM

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 2:13 PM
  • This technique worked perfectly on Windows 7.  Thank you 1HJM!
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:41 AM

• from the CTRL Panel
    click on TURN WIN FEATURES ON AND OFF and enable TABLET PC OPTIONAL COMPONENTS
    it should work because accidentally I disabled it lately and now it is gone and I found the same issue below:

1.  run: "%windir%\system32'' .

2. paste '' SnippingTool'' in the search bar then you should be able to see the snipping tool icon and just right and pin the program to the start menu.

3. If the above method did not work then it means the snipping tool is not enabled in the windows features, then do as follows:

Go to:

Control Panel; -----> programs and features-----> Turn widows features on or off ---> select  Tablet Pc components .

If it didn't work unselected Tablet Pc components  and reboot then reselect it again.

I found this from

1HJM
    Tuesday, April 02, 2013 2:13 PM

Sunday, November 10, 2013 5:57 AM
  • Thanks a lot for this complete explanation answer.
    Wednesday, January 08, 2014 10:27 PM