none
Set password for win7 and printer in LAN but printer sharing password no one knows ? RRS feed

• Question

• I login win7 with the "administrator" account and password: xxx, my computer is the server to share the printer to other computers on the LAN, if I change the password of the "Administrator" account then the computer Other computers on the LAN will not print. If I create a "PrinterShare" account and a yyy password to share the printer, when I log in to win7, there will be 2 accounts: "administrator" and "PrinterShare", I don't want to share the printer account when I log in appears, how do I do it ? or I use an "administrator" account that still shares the printer, but I am allowed to change the password as long as the computers on the LAN do not know my password when sharing the printer.
    Monday, August 26, 2019 8:11 AM

All replies

• If Printers/Fax is enabled in windows components.then start the pc in normal safe-mode,open user account,disable Parental Software,exit account,open cmd...In cmd type: services.msc in msc scroll to Parental/double click/set to Disable/exit msc/restart pc.

Also,Microsoft/Windows/has a great utility called: Print Migrator  install to host pc,create a shortcut,send shortcut to other pcs...

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 1:15 AM
  • 1. According to your instructions Parental Control, I have investigated this issue, Parental Control does not support sharing printers for LAN.
    2. you said that Windows supports Print Migrator install, I do not understand how to install and use it ? Did you click the instruction video ? or documentation ?
    Wednesday, August 28, 2019 2:52 AM