none
Lost my HDMI from sound selctions

Question

• I inadvertantly dropped my HDMI selection from my sound slot in control panel, worked fine when I first used it to watch DVD on big screen TV then next time I went to use it I deleted it from selections.  Don't seem to be able to get a recovery to set back my system to a prior time as with Vista.  This Windows 7 is no permitting that.

What do I do at this point as I am away from home for another two weeks and don't have my windows 7 install disc with me?

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Sunday, November 07, 2010 6:05 PM Moved to proper forum category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Sunday, November 07, 2010 3:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

How do you drop HDMI selection from Sound slot?

To analyze this issue better, please provide a screenshot for us:

How to capture a screenshot

=========================

1)       Press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.

2)       Click the "Start" menu, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.

3)      In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste", click the "File" menu, and click "Save".

4)       The "Save As" dialogue box will appear. Type a file name in the "File name:" box, for example: "screenshot".

5)       Make sure "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" is selected in the "Save as type" box, click “Desktop” on the left pane and then click "Save".

6)       Then Upload to SkyDrive.

I suggest you reinstall the driver to check the result.

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, November 09, 2010 9:38 AM

All replies

• I recommand to you to perform a system restore operation using a restore point that dates before the appearance of your problem.

This link should help.

If this does not help, I recommand to you to post your issue here .

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    Monday, November 08, 2010 10:19 AM
  • Hi,

How do you drop HDMI selection from Sound slot?

To analyze this issue better, please provide a screenshot for us:

How to capture a screenshot

=========================

1)       Press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.

2)       Click the "Start" menu, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.

3)      In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste", click the "File" menu, and click "Save".

4)       The "Save As" dialogue box will appear. Type a file name in the "File name:" box, for example: "screenshot".

5)       Make sure "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" is selected in the "Save as type" box, click “Desktop” on the left pane and then click "Save".

6)       Then Upload to SkyDrive.

I suggest you reinstall the driver to check the result.

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, November 09, 2010 9:38 AM
  • just right click on the playback sound and click show disabled items.
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:41 PM