none
Duplicate Printers created. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to create a master image that can be replicated to other computer so they can be deployed without having a tech do the setup. Part of the deployment will include a Dymo 450 Label Writer. I plug in the 450 to the laptop I'm using the create the image and configure it so it will print the label correctly.  However, when I image the next computer with that image and plug in the label writer it creates another print driver (copy 2).  The printer is the same make and model but windows see it as another printer.

Is there a way to have windows use the existing printer driver instead of creating another copy?

Thanks..

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 4:38 PM

All replies

• HI
    1.can you enter winver in command prompt on win10 laptop and look the os version and os version number ?[for example windows 10  enterprise 1809 (os build 17763.316)]
    2.are 2 laptops have the same model ?
    3.how do you image your first win10 and how do you install this image to your second win10 ?
    4.how did your Dymo 450 Label Writer connect to win10 laptop by using usb port or com port ?
    5.are you using any usb Hub (or docking station for laptop)  on both first win10 laptop and second win10 laptop ?
    6.I assume you connect Dymo 450 Label Writer to first usb interface of first laptop then sysprep to image. when you deploy this image to the second laptop ,did you connect Dymo 450 Label Writer to first usb interface of second laptop?
    ."
    However, when I image the next computer with that image and plug in the label writer it creates another print driver (copy 2). "
    7.did you mean there will be 2 printers(like one is
    Dymo 450 Label Writer and the other is Dymo 450 Label Writer copy) on second laptop ?
    8.if you connect the label writer to your second laptop first, meanwhile make sure you are using the same usb label printer connecting port of first laptop, then install image on second laptop ,will the same problem happen ?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:18 AM
  • HI
    Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 10:02 AM
  • HI

Is there anything to help you?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Saturday, November 30, 2019 5:04 AM