none
album info script error

Question

• When I try to find album info in Windows Media Player and hit finish to confirm I get a script error. Line: 33, Char: 25, Error: The value of the property 'btnFinish_onclick' is null or undefined... The last 2 albums I've tried have come up with this error.
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 3:58 PM

Answers

• I looked at that thread and it had quite a few suggestions one of which I got to finally work. Here is my post to that thread with the solution that worked for me:

I am using Win 7, 64 bit, and tried all of the previous solutions with no success. So I went to IE, and as I use Firefox, decided to wipe everything in IE's browsing history. When you click delete you get a page of check boxes. I unchecked the preserve box and checked all of the others (I had tried this before using MS's default settings, which didn't work). Then for the umpteenth time I tried to get album info and it worked! Amazing...

Thanks for the referral.

Sunday, October 23, 2011 5:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you try to clear up the Internet Explorer temporary files to check what the result is:

How to Delete the Contents of the Temporary Internet Files Folder

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:05 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I am still getting the same error message. It seems that some script on the web page that accesses the album data base must be corrupted. If so, how is that restored?
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:41 PM
  • Hi,

You could go to the following path:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player

Delete all files in this folder (You do not have to delete the folders that are in this folder), then restart the Windows Media Player.

What is the result?

As a reference, you could also have a look the following thread:

Windows Media Player Script ErrorAn error has occurred on this script

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, October 21, 2011 2:16 AM
  • I looked at that thread and it had quite a few suggestions one of which I got to finally work. Here is my post to that thread with the solution that worked for me:

I am using Win 7, 64 bit, and tried all of the previous solutions with no success. So I went to IE, and as I use Firefox, decided to wipe everything in IE's browsing history. When you click delete you get a page of check boxes. I unchecked the preserve box and checked all of the others (I had tried this before using MS's default settings, which didn't work). Then for the umpteenth time I tried to get album info and it worked! Amazing...

Thanks for the referral.

Sunday, October 23, 2011 5:27 PM
  • After an hour and a half trying a bunch of other methods, I did this one and it finally worked! Thank you!!
    Tuesday, November 01, 2011 4:00 AM
  • Absolutely amazing.... this solution works!!!

Thanks!!!

Friday, November 04, 2011 8:04 AM