none
Mice and Other Pointing Devices is missing from Device Manager

Question

• Hello,

Today my touchpad's touch sensitivity suddenly reduced even though changing it to highely sensitive while using my HP OMEN Laptop. At the night to solve this problem, I was just using some different methods but by accidently I removed the "Mice and Other Pointing Devices" option from Device Manager. Now, I don't see that option in device manager anymore. but still I'm able to move the cursor with my touchpad but can't scroll up/down with my two fingers and can't do any other things than "Moving Cursor, Select/Deselect", also can't even minimize and maximize a window with my 3 fingers. So please help me with restoring the "Mice and Other Pointing Devices" option. I also tried updating Synaptics drivers updates, but no result.

Also I wanted to mention that, when I use an external mouse, all the functionality can be done as well as "Mice and Other Pointing Device" reappears in Device Manager but when I remove that external mouse, the option goes away. 

Please Give me a solution to solve this Problem.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 11:16 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Today my touchpad's touch sensitivity suddenly reduced even though changing it to highely sensitive while using my HP OMEN Laptop. At the night to solve this problem, I was just using some different methods but by accidently I removed the "Mice and Other Pointing Devices" option from Device Manager. Now, I don't see that option in device manager anymore. but still I'm able to move the cursor with my touchpad but can't scroll up/down with my two fingers and can't do any other things than "Moving Cursor, Select/Deselect", also can't even minimize and maximize a window with my 3 fingers. So please help me with restoring the "Mice and Other Pointing Devices" option. I also tried updating Synaptics drivers updates, but no result.

Also I wanted to mention that, when I use an external mouse, all the functionality can be done as well as "Mice and Other Pointing Device" reappears in Device Manager but when I remove that external mouse, the option goes away. 

Please Give me a solution to solve this Problem.

I use Windows 10.
    Tuesday, April 16, 2019 11:19 PM
  • Hi Krishna,

Check Show hidden devices firstly.

Uninstall your mouse driver, then unplug it from the computer and then reconnect it again. Be careful when choosing a checkbox during the driver uninstall that allows you to completely remove the driver.

In addition, search solution form this similar case:

Pointing devices disappeared from within Device Manager.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Windows-10/Pointing-devices-disappeared-from-within-Device-Manager/td-p/161142

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 3:07 AM
  • Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 10, 2019 4:15 AM