none
Upgraded to MIM 2016 SP1 and popups don't load RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I upgraded to SP1 on MIM and the pop up windows when clicking on something like "About Forefront Identity Manager" get stuck on loading.

If I clear the browser's cache the pop up load OK--but is that something I'm going to have to tell all of my users to do? Does anyone have a more elegant solution for this issue?

Thank you!

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 9:52 PM

Answers

• No, this is a problem with SP1.

You cannot solve it unless you manually modify the ASPX-pages served by MIM, unfortunately.

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

• Marked as answer by SamiVV Wednesday, November 30, 2016 3:33 PM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2016 12:42 PM

All replies

• No, this is a problem with SP1.

You cannot solve it unless you manually modify the ASPX-pages served by MIM, unfortunately.

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

• Marked as answer by SamiVV Wednesday, November 30, 2016 3:33 PM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2016 12:42 PM
  • Leo

Can you help us by giving the fix so we can add this to the SP1 Issue list, IE what you modify(Not supported) to get this working

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 1:32 PM
  • What's the modification required?

I really appreciate your advice!

Thank you!

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 2:37 PM
  • I think I figured out the modification.

In the popup.aspx page I changed the code to point to two new copies of the popup.js and jquery.min.js files.

So, I created copies of the files and called them popup2.js and jquery.min2.js. Then in the popup.aspx page changed this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="<%=Microsoft.IdentityManagement.WebUI.Controls.SharePointUtility.PopulateRelativePathFromLayouts("jQuery/jquery.min.js")%>"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript" src="<%=Microsoft.IdentityManagement.WebUI.Controls.SharePointUtility.PopulateRelativePathFromLayouts("MSILM2/popup.js")%>"></script>

to this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="<%=Microsoft.IdentityManagement.WebUI.Controls.SharePointUtility.PopulateRelativePathFromLayouts("jQuery/jquery.min2.js")%>"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript" src="<%=Microsoft.IdentityManagement.WebUI.Controls.SharePointUtility.PopulateRelativePathFromLayouts("MSILM2/popup2.js")%>"></script>

Restarted services and iisreset and it worked. Thank you, Leo!

• Edited by SamiVV Wednesday, November 30, 2016 3:34 PM Typo
    Wednesday, November 30, 2016 3:33 PM
  • Question...  why just create a copy of those 2 files popup.js and jquery.min.js (popup2.js and jquery.min2.js) without modifying the content and change the file popup.aspx to point on the new files would change something ?

I did this change and we have still the "loading" issue.  Am i missing something ?

Thanks!

This posting is provided AS IS without warranty of any kind

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 7:55 PM
  • It's been a long time since I did this, but I think the renaming was to get around a SharePoint caching issue? Did you restart the services and IIS reset?
    Friday, May 29, 2020 5:58 PM
  • Yes, i did a IISRsset but did not work.

On Monday, the users will test by clearing the Internet Explorer cache.  We will see if it's working.

But as per this article

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4469694/hotfixrolluppackagebuild452860isavailableformicrosoftidentitymanager20

Deleting the Internet Explorer history and cache should work.

I will post the result on Monday

Thanks

Friday, May 29, 2020 9:48 PM
  • Did you restart the FIM Service as well?
    Wednesday, June 3, 2020 6:55 PM
  • I have rebooted the server.  Still having the issue.

I have deleted the user profile and even with a new user profile, tge user still having the same issue.

I have a case with MSFT.  Will see...

Thanks!

Thursday, June 4, 2020 2:01 AM