none
lexmark x75 RRS feed

All replies

• As far as I know, lexmark is not putting out any drivers until the final release of Vista.
    Thursday, October 26, 2006 2:04 PM
  • i need lexmark x75 vista.help please
    Friday, March 2, 2007 12:27 PM
  • Verbatim reply from Lexmark france : "malheureusement, il n'y aura pas de compatibilté de ce modéle d'imprimante avec le systéme d'exploitation Windows Vista : aucun pilote ne sera créé du fait de l'obsolescence de cette imprimante." translation - printer obsolete!!! no driver will be provided!!! solution - find another printer but NOT Lexmark.
    Friday, April 13, 2007 7:45 AM
  •  xmustafax wrote:
    i need lexmark x75 vista driver. help please
    Thursday, May 31, 2007 4:15 AM
  •  xmustafax wrote:
    i need lexmark x75 vista driver. help please
    Thursday, May 31, 2007 4:16 AM
  • ok i done this with my x75 (lexmark) and it worked, go down load the driver from what ever location, don't run it but save it, go to where u saved it and right click and go to properties and then go to compatablility, when u do that put a check in windows xp service pack 2, save then run the driver mine works now,..... hope this helps if u need help I can try to explain email angelaj@windstream.net
    Thursday, August 16, 2007 12:21 AM
  • As far as I know, I'm probably not going to buy nor recommend a Lexmark product again unless they resolve this problem.  My X75 was the most reliable printer I ever owned.

It's the only device I have that will not work with Vista.

This is beyond frustrating.
    Thursday, September 13, 2007 9:51 AM
  • What someone else shared works, but let me explain a bit.

1) Get the XP driver from Lexmark. It can be found at:
    http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?category=Drivers&ccs=229:1:0:204:0:0&searchLang=en&os_group=WinXP

2) Save it, don't run it.

3) Go to the folder called......whereever you saved it...then \Drivers\Win_XP2K\ENGLISH

4) Right-click on the file called Setup.exe, select Properties.

5) Go to the "Compatibility" Tab and check mark "Run this program in compatibility mode for: " Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

6) Run setup.

This worked for me.

Hope this helps.
    Sunday, September 16, 2007 6:47 PM
  • JUST LIKE MOST OF THE PEOPLE I TOO NEED LEXMARK X75 VISTA DRIVER. YOU'LL WAS VERY CONVINCING IN TELLING ME I NEED TO UP GRADE MY SOFTWARE. OF COURSE, YOU'LL KNOW THIS WOULD LEAD TO MUST PEOPLE PURCHASING NEW COMPUTERS. I WAS NO ACCEPTION, I PURCHASED A NEW HP DESK TOP COMPUTER AND A NEW SONY LAPTOP BECAUSE WINDOW VISTA IS CHANGING THE WORLD. BUT I STILL CAN'T USE MY LEXMARK X75 PRINTER AND SCANNER. BUT I'M NOT WORRIED BECAUSE I'M SURE ALL OF YOU SMART PEOPLE CAN FIX THIS LITTLE OLD PROBLEM. MY PRINTER ONLY BEEN DOWN FOR SIX MONTHS. I NEED HELP, PLEASE!!!

Sunday, September 30, 2007 4:00 AM
  •  

Thanks for the advise. Vista seems to recognize the printer but whenever I send a job, the printer goes offline. Any ideas?
    Monday, October 15, 2007 2:55 AM
  • did this and it loads the printer but when i print it goes offline ???

Saturday, December 1, 2007 12:12 PM
  • Here's what I had to say about My X75 after speaking to Lexmark Tech Support: Sunny (agent) was great, however, Lexmark should take it upon themselves, as a professional company, to update drivers for ALL your printers to make them Vista compatible.  My X75 is probably 3 years old, as is all my computer equipment.  Lexmark is the ONLY company that has failed to provide drivers for me after my Vista upgrade.  Loss of printer for me...loss of ink revenue for you.  If you read the web, most comments concerning Lexmark and this issue are the same.....It's a shame.  Unfortunately, my next printer purchase will NOT be a Lexmark due to the fact that this could happen again on the next MS OS release.

Sincerely,

skinzfan

Monday, December 31, 2007 8:27 PM
  • I tried the fix and installed the driver.  Is this fix only for the printer?  I didn't see anything to allow me to use the scanner.  Is there a fix for the scanner part?  Thanks!

Sunday, January 6, 2008 6:52 AM
  • Thank you for the help but this solution did not work for me, because my Windows Vista is 64 bits, it does not accept this 32 bits program to run on it.   Sad

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:53 AM
  • As the above solution is not a true fix to this issue and my response is late, you can do a virtual machine with the guest OS being XP. This will allow you to run the print and scanner functions fully.
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 8:35 PM