none
I get an error while creating bulk move request while migrating to exchange online RRS feed

• Question

• I have Exchange 2010 hybrid environment and am doing migrations to exchange online. All was working fine suddenly i am not able to create bulk move requests. Getting error- 

The call to 'System.ServiceModel.Description.ServiceEndpoint' failed. Error details: The call to 'System.ServiceModel.Description.ServiceEndpoint' failed. Error details: The
    formatter threw an exception while trying to deserialize the message: There was an error while trying to deserialize parameter
    http://tempuri.org/:GetDatabaseForProvisioningResult. The InnerException message was 'Error in line 1 position 1652. 'Element' 'readOnly' from namespace
    'http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/Microsoft.Exchange.Data' is not expected. Expecting element '_x003C_NeedsToSuppressPii_x003E_k__BackingField'.'.  Please see
    InnerException for more details. --> Error in line 1 position 1652. 'Element' 'readOnly' from namespace 'http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/Microsoft.Exchange.Data' is
    not expected. Expecting element '_x003C_NeedsToSuppressPii_x003E_k__BackingField'...
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [New-MoveRequest], CommunicationErrorTransientException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : [Server=SG2PR03MB4264,RequestId=a4c29f44-ad4e-42e5-82f2-f28eaea1ed6d,TimeStamp=10/18/2019 6:09:39 AM] [FailureCategory=Cmdlet-CommunicationErro
       rTransientException] 4535C7D6,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Migration.MailboxReplication.MoveRequest.NewMoveRequest
        + PSComputerName        : outlook.office365.com

I have restarted the Onprem CAS servers but still no help. Has anyone ever faced such issues, any leads will be helpful

Monday, October 21, 2019 5:17 AM

All replies

• I would highly recommend to check the below.

test mrs health

• check the EWS configuration on each CAS server
    • test MRS health on the on-premises Exchange Servers
    • browse to the MRSproxy external URL
    • use Test-MigrationServerAvailability from Exchange Online
    • check the IIS logs on CAS servers
    • check HttpProxy and HTTPERR  logs from CAS servers

you can refer to: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/exovoice/2016/09/19/troubleshooting-issues-where-the-migration-endpoint-cannot-be-created-in-hybrid-scenarios/

Monday, October 21, 2019 7:03 AM
  • Its all been done Hitender.

When i submitted 8 users for migration in a batch, 2 move request is getting created at a particular time and then next. I checked the concurrent connections and its been set to 50. The remaining users show as syncing with the mentioned message as cited above.

Monday, October 21, 2019 7:54 AM
  • Strange, I've never really seen this error before.

What all troubleshooting has been done so far? Tried to re-run HCW(might refresh something)? restart MRS? set concurrent to a higher number to force it again? Let's try that?

Monday, October 21, 2019 8:56 AM
  • Have done all the things mentioned earlier:

• check the EWS configuration on each CAS server
    • test MRS health on the on-premises Exchange Servers
    • browse to the MRSproxy external URL
    • use Test-MigrationServerAvailability from Exchange Online

Have restarted the MRS and also restarted the CAS servers. Increased the concurrent connections.

Still the same. Have logged case with MS support lets see.

Monday, October 21, 2019 1:25 PM
  • Alright, it'll be great if you could share the outcome of that MS case.
    Tuesday, October 22, 2019 10:40 AM
  • Hi BisMoh,

If you only migrate one mailbox at one time, whether is this error occur? If this error also occur when only migrate one mailbox, I would suggest you try to rerun HCW.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 7:30 AM
  • Hi.

Did you manage to get to a resolution with this error?

Friday, October 25, 2019 9:47 AM
  • Are you using some kind of tool or working it manually?
    Friday, October 25, 2019 1:46 PM
  • Hi BisMoh,

Any update about this thread now? Do you get the answer from MS case?

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:41 AM