I just download windows 8 and the touch screen on my computer stop working

Question

• Hi everyone

I have a New Sony VAIO L series all in one with the intel core i7 and I just download the new wondows 8 consumer preview and for some reason the touch screen doesn't work anymore, can anybody help me please...thanks

Monday, March 05, 2012 3:58 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Windows 8 still needs proper driver for your Touch Screen. Please download the latest Touch Screen driver and test again.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 05, 2012 8:47 AM
  • Hi

Thanks, but how can I download the latest touch screen driver? do you have any links

Sunday, March 11, 2012 4:55 AM
  • Hi alan,

you may select your product and download the Display/ Graphic driver from the following link:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=DRIVER

Irfan

Sunday, March 11, 2012 2:54 PM
  • thanks, I just contact Sony and they said they don't have the driver jet, until Windows 8 is available on the market.

Sunday, March 25, 2012 7:25 PM
  • thanks, I just contact Sony and they said they don't have the driver jet, until Windows 8 is available on the market.

Please check with the site of the maker of the graphics Sony is using for your model. You may also check the graphics info in: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Performance Information and Tools- View and print detailed performance and system information. This would be possible if you have run the Windows Experience Index assessment.

Irfan

You may download the latest they have and try to install them in Compatibility Mode.
    • Edited by Irfanfare Monday, March 26, 2012 2:35 AM to complete
    Monday, March 26, 2012 2:32 AM