none
How to programmatically change logon display language

Question

• I have a single Windows 7 64-bit build with the French Language pack installed. Within my MDT Task Sequence, a user can select either the French or English as the default language. Once the deploy is complete, all language settings are correct, using the control.exe intl.cpl,, /f command to update the language settings, however the default logon display language remains English. I understand how to manually change the logon display language. Is it possible to programmatically change the default logon display language from English to French?
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 2:36 PM

Answers

• OK resolved ... updated my xml file to include <gs:UserList> <gs:User UserID="Current" CopySettingsToDefaultUserAcct="true" CopySettingsToSystemAcct="true"/> </gs:UserList> with <gs:MUILanguagePreferences> <gs:MUILanguage Value="fr-FR" /> <gs:MUIFallback Value="en-US" /> </gs:MUILanguagePreferences>
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:53 AM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:07 PM

All replies

• If you have Ultimate or Enterprise version, see the howto article here

http://www.windows7hacker.com/index.php/2010/04/how-to-change-the-default-language-for-windows-7-logon-screen/

Regards

Milos

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 2:44 PM
  • Yes I understand you can manually do it through the Control Panel; however I wish to do it via script or commandline. I thought that control.exe intl.cpl would be able to change it however had had no luck so far.
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 2:57 PM
  • OK resolved ... updated my xml file to include <gs:UserList> <gs:User UserID="Current" CopySettingsToDefaultUserAcct="true" CopySettingsToSystemAcct="true"/> </gs:UserList> with <gs:MUILanguagePreferences> <gs:MUILanguage Value="fr-FR" /> <gs:MUIFallback Value="en-US" /> </gs:MUILanguagePreferences>
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:53 AM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:07 PM